Oh Shannon! Question!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    How long does wine last once opened????

I figure you'd know this!! :laugh:

It'll last the 20 minutes it takes to drink it! :bigsmile:

LMAO---cause that would have been the answer to the question too!

Atta-girl! :drinker: :wink:

Now I'm thinking of cracking open a bottle. sounds yummy huh? I haven't had wine since Dec 6th...I'm due! LMAO
    :drinker: <~~~~~~ I'll be toasting everyone!
    I have a new fav wine. It's an inexpensive California wine. Sutter Home White Merlot!! Delish!!
  • TamTastic
    Tam - if it were a serious question, about 48 hours (although some say 3 days). In the restaurant industry (a lifetime ago I worked for Keg Steakhouses) we served some wines by the glass, and the bottles, once opened, had to be served within 3 days.
    :flowerforyou:

Lately, the hubby and I have been on a "bottle per night" reigmen, and I think you are wise to pace yourself!
    :tongue:
    Thanks Amanda!!

It actually WAS a serious question but I kind of lost my train of thought. Go figure!! :laugh:

I'm the only one who drinks in my house, so it is all up to me to get the bottle taken care of! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Tam - if it were a serious question, about 48 hours (although some say 3 days). In the restaurant industry (a lifetime ago I worked for Keg Steakhouses) we served some wines by the glass, and the bottles, once opened, had to be served within 3 days.

Lately, the hubby and I have been on a "bottle per night" reigmen, and I think you are wise to pace yourself!
    Thanks Amanda!!

It actually WAS a serious question but I kind of lost my train of thought. Go figure!! :laugh:

I'm the only one who drinks in my house, so it is all up to me to get the bottle taken care of! :wink:

I cook with it! If I am the only one who will drink it and I have 1 maybe 2 glasses then wont want another for months. So I plan around it. If I buy red I make a roast, if I buy white I make chicken. yummy!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member

Thanks Amanda!!

Oh yeah, enjoy it for a few nights, then cook away! I love arewethereyet's ideas... I also use white in vegetarian dishes (I just did a lentil curry the other night, and used up some white!).
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Tam I used to drink white merlot stick it in the frige its good for a week or so - at room temp doesn't las t very long
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    How long does wine last once opened????

I figure you'd know this!! :laugh:

It'll last the 20 minutes it takes to drink it! :bigsmile:

LMAO---cause that would have been the answer to the question too!

Atta-girl! :drinker: :wink:

Now I'm thinking of cracking open a bottle. sounds yummy huh? I haven't had wine since Dec 6th...I'm due! LMAO
    :drinker: <~~~~~~ I'll be toasting everyone!
    I have a new fav wine. It's an inexpensive California wine. Sutter Home White Merlot!! Delish!!

LOL----I have a bottle of that, and almost opened it last night....alas....I opened a bottle of Charles Shaw---cheep 2 buck chuck from Trader Joes...cheap and good. LOL
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    and white for poaching fish too.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Thanks for the laughs!! I needed it!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    *sigh* :brokenheart: I miss drinkin :sad:
  • TamTastic
    Hey! How are you???????? :happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

thsmiley_consoling.gif And it's still just as wonderful as you remember. :heart:

:bigsmile:
  • mholmes
    Hey! How are you???????? :happy:

:grumble: sober lol
  • TamTastic

thsmiley_consoling.gif And it's still just as wonderful as you remember. :heart:

She's so mean, isn't she????? :laugh:
  • Shannon023

My bit(hiness is part of my charm. :blushing:
  • TamTastic

Oh. Glad you clarified that! :indifferent:

:laugh:
  • mholmes

:love: that is why i fell in lub with you :blushing: the alcohol helped too
  • Shannon023

:love: that is why i fell in lub with you :blushing: the alcohol helped too

That's what my dh always says too! :laugh:

How's our mommy-to-be today? :heart:
  • mholmes
    :yawn: I'm here and ready for a trip to see me family.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon,

This weekend I opened up a bottle of red wine. It was corked but had no year on it.

Is this considered a good wine?

Maximus,

I'm happy to see that you are no longer buying wine in a box. I'm sure it was good.

Love,

Shannon