what are several filling meals

Options
My allowed calorie intake is 1,200. My biggest problem is I love to eat and I snack a lot throughout the day. I am looking for meals that would be more filling and healthy snack choices. I'm busy and have little spare time so I eat out a lot at fast food places because I don't have a lot of time to cook. So any ideas would be appreciated and ideas about pre-planned meals.

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    anything high in protein (20g) such as chicken breast, ground turkey. Get creative in the kitchen. Protein bars are solid snacks provided your really on top of your main meals. Since your in a rush sometimes, Lean Cuisine isn't too bad of a frozen meal. I wouldn't recommend eating them all the time but depending on which you get, it could be as low as 200 calories, 20ish grams of carbs and 18-20g of protein. Oh and non-fat greek yogurt is a good snack too.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I recently bought all of Annette Sym's recipe books. All of her meals are freezer friendly. One day a week I cook like mad and the rest of the week that's what I eat. Pastas are very filling and don't forget the protein! ;)
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    On an average day I am up at 6, work all day then go to they gym and don't even get to think about cooking dinner til about 8 or 9pm.

I make snacks/meals for work in the evening, salad, soups, seafood sticks, crackers, cheese, greek yohurt, fruit, raw veggies and salsa to dip are usual for me. I like to snack!

I often cook too much and freeze portions which can be easily zapped later on. I've not made anything that hasn't been freezable so far!

The slow cooker is your friend. Lob everything in the night before, turn on in the morning and dinner is ready when you come home.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When I cook meals I always make extra so I can take some to work. One dish I've made a few times is a use a square baking dish and put a row of fresh green beans, a row of chicken pieces, and a row of baby, red potatoes in it. Then bake for an hour. It's healthy and can easily be packed to take to work. For something sweet, I snack on those little Cuties Clementine Mandarin oranges.

• waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not a meal but, 11 cups of broccoli equals the number of calories in a regular size Snickers bar.