Looking for some friends to help me stay motivated

Options
Hi! My name is Mackenzie & I've been a member on here for a while. I use to use this website a lot, and then I quit. I'm almost 21, I'm 5'1, and I've always struggled with my weight growing up.
Around 2009 I weighed around 224 ( the heaviest I've been) & wore a size 20. Over the few years I was able to lose weight and keep it off for the most part. Back in 2013 I got under 200 and I felt amazing. My weight did yo-yo some, but I wasn't worried at the time because I knew I would get it back down. I was finally able to get back in my size 16 pants and I was so proud of myself. Now here's where it goes downhill: In September 2013 I went back to school to get my GED. And because of my nerves, I didn't eat much . When I did eat, it was junk food and when I came home from school, all I wanted to do was sleep. Once I finished school, I was offered a job and from then on my weight has gone up. I didn't care about what I ate and I didn't make time to work out. I've pretty much gained all the weight back. I haven't weighed myself in a while, so I don't know where I'm at. I realize I can lose it again and I'm going to. I have some like new jeans I need to get back into. I really need some friends on here to help keep me motivated and on the right track. ( I'll do the same for you.) My goal is to get down to 150 pounds. I'm currently unemployed so I have time to work out. I realize this is long, so thanks to whoever read it. : ) - Mackenzie

Replies

• chuchu222
    chuchu222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't quit!!! I'm starting again
  • LopezMona
    LopezMona Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I relate to this
  • emleefit
    emleefit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need some motivation (: I hope I can help! Good luck on your journey.
  • Markoss84
    Markoss84 Posts: 1,644 Member
    Options
    We are on the same page! I was here and lost 53 lbs! after quitting for a while I gained back 24 lbs in a year or so..I just joined few days ago and want to get back on track, I need to loose weight and get lean again.. I wanna kill that old habit and eating clean again as I used to be..

Feel free to add me for motivation and support :) we got this!
  • Chrispilataxi
    Chrispilataxi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My problem is the opposite. Always struggling to gain and keep weight. Stay the course. I'll be following your progression.
  • Mackenzie_2012
    Mackenzie_2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    emleefit wrote: »
    Add me if you need some motivation (: I hope I can help! Good luck on your journey.

Thank you so much!
  • Mackenzie_2012
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Markoss84 wrote: »
    We are on the same page! I was here and lost 53 lbs! after quitting for a while I gained back 24 lbs in a year or so..I just joined few days ago and want to get back on track, I need to loose weight and get lean again.. I wanna kill that old habit and eating clean again as I used to be..

Thank you! I really appreciate it. One of my goals is to cut out soda ( for the most part). I drink too much of it. Also I need to cut down on the snacking. I think I've been eating because I'm bored or depressed. Not good.
  • suffecool23
    suffecool23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gosh eating out of boredom is my biggest issue and it's so hard to break!
  • Markoss84
    Markoss84 Posts: 1,644 Member
    Options

Thank you! I really appreciate it. One of my goals is to cut out soda ( for the most part). I drink too much of it. Also I need to cut down on the snacking. I think I've been eating because I'm bored or depressed. Not good.

Don't worry! we are on the same page! I prefer to cut it gradually. Means like drinking soda once a week as a reward instead of fully cutting it which will lead to fail of diet! I always don't believe in diet, however I do believe in changing the life style.. it is like 70% eating clean 30% is to treat ur self between time to time.

I do eat snakcs when I'm bored and depressed too, but I think we can change this habit and trying to change our bad snacks into healthy once :) Good luck.
  • isloogirl
    isloogirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Mackenzie_2012 Good luck, just tell yourself all you have to do is stay consistent...if you're trying to cut sodas, give yourself achievable targets..eg. if you usually have 2 sodas a day, for say the first 2 weeks, bring it down to 1.5 sodas.. then on week 3 and 4, bring it down to 1 soda...etc until you're down to ZERO sodas! :) A good substitute is lemon water - add a slice of lemon, or squeeze a lemon in a glass of water, that can be the new soda...
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Markoss84 wrote: »

Good luck! Fun fact for you, 11 cups of broccoli equals the same number of calories in a regular size Snickers bar. So if you want to snack, veggies can be a filling, low-calorie option. Maybe not as good as a Snickers bar, but it's still tasty.
  • wdjeeves90
    wdjeeves90 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I've been through a similar path and now I'm here and open to help and motivate and support with whatever I can!
  • ebonyi
    ebonyi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I read your story and am the same but I gain my weight after my ap 2yrs ago and I use to be 11st at my biggest now am 14st and am struggling to move it. Don't give up keep going and you will get there; just don't be too hard on yourself. Good luck. If anyone can help motivate me as well please add me. Thank you
  • joanhughson
    joanhughson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the toughest part of losing weight! I've started and stopped so many times. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of the summer. Eating healthy is 80% and excerising is 20% - the key to losing weight!! Let's all do it together to be healthy and happy once and for all.
  • AnnekaDay
    AnnekaDay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi mackenzie,

I'm new to this! I'm wearing a size 16 and I'm looking forward to going down to a size 12. I am going to America in October and I'm trying so hard to get there! Been working out in the gym but feel that I need to work harder! I'm here if you'd like to talk!

Anneka, xx
  • watercolourdragon
    watercolourdragon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mackenzie wow! We've had a similar story! I'm at a size 20 pants at the moment and it is the biggest i have ever been. I am looking to become happy and healthy. :^) I sent you a friend request
  • BBBCampbell
    BBBCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have just signed up with MFP and I am looking for some friends to help me stay motivated. Like housework, I dislike exercise but I love the result! I have a full set of weights at home but by the time I am finished the workday and the commute and the cooking and the laundry.... the couch looks pretty tempting. I need some support to get fit again like I was a year ago. I have a big event this summer and I want to look good and be as fit as possible for it. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey - best of luck with it all! I'm also 5'1" and I'm back at my heaviest (over 200lbs) so if you fancy a friend with similar goals, feel free to add me :blush:
  • Mackenzie_2012
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I've gotten a good amount of friend requests. : ) It's so nice to have support. I've been counting my calories today and I worked out some. I'm excited.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Mackenzie!

I'm new here, too. I'm going to send you a friend request. Hopefully we can help each other out! :smiley: