What day do you weigh in?

Options
As above really does it matter which day of the week you weigh in or is there such a thing as a better time to do so?

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I weigh on a tues

Monday is right after the weekend where depening on what I have been up to I may have eaten more or less than usual during it.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    i like to weigh in friday morning after i have been doing well all week.. double check myself on monday morning after i splurge on weekends lol

I personally check the scale close to everyday. sometimes i record more frequently if there's a loss. it doesn't really matter. because it's all about YOU! and what YOUR needs are. so find what u are comfortable with. :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I think you have to pic whats right for you..... I do worse on the weekends with certain foods, especially ones higher in Sodium.. so, I weigh in on Friday mornings. I always weigh in first thing in the morning, straight out of bed and after hitting the toilet (TMI, I know) but it helps ensure I get the most accurate each time I weigh in. I also try to step on the scale in just underwear....... but its just whatever works for you.
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every other week on a Monday, but that's just habit. Whatever works for you :)

Also, I weigh around 6pm (after I get in from work). Most people seems to record their morning weigh in's but I always found I am heavier in the mornings - water retention I guess.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I weigh in randomly - once a week usually but I do it on diff days.xx
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    everyday im a scale *kitten* for my scale and i refused rehab. but truth it keeps me accountable. i measure once a week too
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I record daily, in the morning, after shedding 1/4 lb .... and track it so I can get a running trend on a graph. My official weigh in is Tuesday night at Weight Watcher meeting - it tends to be +6lb's heavier than the morning weigh in with the clothes on, no shoes.
  • rikkijanet
    rikkijanet Posts: 12
    Options
    My first weigh in will be Tuesday and I've been making an effort not to go near a scale until then. I tend to get discouraged if I haven't lost any weight so I want to give myself a whole week in between weigh-ins.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Every saturday morning, same time, same clothes, same scales!! Gives me an accurate benchmark as to my weightloss / gain.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and log all losses but no gains. I report my official loss on MFP every Friday morning. This really works well for me because I am always able to catch an upward trend before it gets too far. I also make minor adjustments to my daily diet depending on how I am trending. This works well for me but really is not for everyone.
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Today was my 1st weigh in so from now on I'll always weigh in on a Friday morning. Although I seem to be on the scales every day!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Weds am for me. I try to avoid stepping on the scales on other days, but sometimes I can't help myself. Only log Weds weight though.
  • claresmalley
    Options
    Sunday morning, after breakfast and before a big Sunday Dinner + pudding! But only every other week or every third week. I am good at not weighing myself and don't tend to feel tempted in between - and i find it helps my motivation to see a loss at most weigh-ins.
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    hahaha I have to admit I am on the scale everyday......but I go and weigh in at the mall every friday evening,. :) I guess its up to you. Good luck
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning and log it here. I often have a sneaky check on a Monday morning too, but that's it.
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I only joined a few days ago but have decided a friday morning will work best for me. 2lb off already so very happy with that :)
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    I weigh in on a tuesday morning...if i go on the wii fit board it weighs me but i dont log it just helps me to decide if i should try harder or if im doing just right :)
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am one of those freaks that weigh every work day. I dont own a scale so I weigh myself as soon as I get to work. The day to day fluctuations do not bother me and I only log on Wednesday.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    There is no real set day of the week that is better. It depends what works for you. Just keep the cirumstances in which you weigh the same. I generally weigh in on friday morning, that way I have the weekend to indulg a little and get back on track for the next weigh in without beating myself up about it or getting discouraged.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I weigh in 1 x a day first thing in the morning