Looking for a fitness accountability partner

Options
In our fitness journey it is important that we have someone to hold us accountable and keep us on track!!! Let's match up for success!!!!

Replies

• tnb11424
    tnb11424 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree. We can hold each other accountable if you like. The more the merrier.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Same here! If I don't find a way to keep myself accountable... I make excuses and backslide.
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Feel free to add me as a friend or we can start a group.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    In our fitness journey it is important that we have someone to hold us accountable and keep us on track!!! Let's match up for success!!!!

i hold myself personally accountable for my own actions or inactions.

in my opinion, getting a "fitness buddy" is just another way of trying to pass the buck.
  • michellelancaster1218
    michellelancaster1218 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I feel the same way it is so helpful when there is someone there to help push you :)
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Anyone that would to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options

in my opinion, getting a "fitness buddy" is just another way of trying to pass the buck.

Really? That's kind of sad. I have a group of 5 people I work out with and when I'm feeling like the last thing I want to do is go workout, they kick my butt and tell me to get moving. Can't see how that's a bad thing.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    jsobole wrote: »

Really? That's kind of sad. I have a group of 5 people I work out with and when I'm feeling like the last thing I want to do is go workout, they kick my butt and tell me to get moving. Can't see how that's a bad thing.

i don't understand why it's sad. i pride myself on my own personal reliability and work ethic.

please don't confuse that with me saying that i don't have a system of support, such as family, friends, and my triathlon club, and myfitnesspal.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess we have different definitions of fitness buddy then. I would consider them part of my support system, much like your triathlon club.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's a lot harder for me to stay focused and motivated without the extra support. Feel free to add me so that we can support each other!
  • AprilJ10
    AprilJ10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • melissaschmidt56
    melissaschmidt56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I would argue and say that it's like have a second conscious. Plus sometimes when you fall off the wagon you need someone to pull you back up.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like
    But good luck on your journey you can do this