What are some motivations that keep you on track?

Options
for me it's reading about others success stories and reminding myself why I'm on this journey!

Replies

• CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    When I see my reflection in a mirror and can't believe how fat I've gotten.
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    when I watch extreme weight loss edition, and I see morbidly obese people lose hundreds of pounds in one year. This makes me get off my butt everyday, because I am nowhere close to being morbidly obese. If they can do it, why the hell can't I!!! I also dont want to have the same low self esteem I had, when I was obese :).
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    new clothes (old clothes I haven't worn in years that fit me now = new clothes) keep me motivated.
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by how much better I feel each day. When I consume something that is not good for my body, I feel it right away. It's a gross reminder of how unhealthy I used to be.
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm more or less at maintenance, it's performance. Having a race on the calendar helps me get out of bed.
  • pmart611
    pmart611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1) Focus on each day individually. Yes, you have a big goal in mind, but set that aside and work on daily goals to get there.
    2) Weigh yourself weekly. I like to weigh in on Saturday mornings. That keeps me honest through Friday, which is my weakest point because I am tired.
    3) Finish all daily food intake by 7:00 PM. This cuts out late night snacking that can kill your whole day's effort.
    4) Most important - just keep going! Day-to-day, and week-to-week consistency adds up to getting to your ideal body weight.
  • danibopp
    danibopp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Progress pictures! It's a double edge sword. On one hand, you see how far you've come a it's a proud and uplifting feeling. On the other, you see how much work you have left to fully achieve your goals! B)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I really like being healthy and fit...it is far superior to the alternative.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    The thought of having to buy new fat clothes.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Running further and faster
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Losing 160....the gaining back 50....my motivation is not going back to diabetes, hyper tension, and a cpap. Also music by Redlight King.
  • badgermama220
    badgermama220 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My SO and I just booked our first ever vacation with each other (no kids!!!) that's coming up in about a month.

I want that pre-baby body back, to be able to strut my stuff with pride, hang out at the pool in a bikini with no shame.

Hoping my motivation won't fade once we're back from the trip, though.