help

Options
Been training for about 6 weeks. I have a very active job and been liftingin evenings I'm in taking 265gs of protein and still a high carb diet so it's split 40 40 20 and I can't believe I've lost an inch on my arm and half an inch on my gut. My calories are at 2900 to 3000 a day. Any idea what the next step is as I want to bulk?

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Up your calories because you are in a deficit. Add 100 calories per day each week till you notice a gain.
  • zoobrew
    zoobrew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok cheers I will. I am just surprised I thought that it would be enough. I'm very new to this but keen to take it seriously and do well. Cheers again
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wheelhouse15 is correct. With an active job it is not unreasonable to be able to loose weight at 3000 calories.
  • zoobrew
    zoobrew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cheers well I'm going to eat 3000 today and just add 100 on from tomorrow and so on. Is there any foods to avoid getting the tyre round my gut I've not long got rid of?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    zoobrew wrote: »
    Cheers well I'm going to eat 3000 today and just add 100 on from tomorrow and so on. Is there any foods to avoid getting the tyre round my gut I've not long got rid of?

Any food eaten to excess will cause you to gain weight, both muscle and fat. The key is to keep your caloric surplus smaller to avoid gainig too much fat compared to muscle. Once you get to where you want to be you can start cutting or recomp.