I am 350 lbs and no one knows but me

Options
Been steadily gaining weight every year and have dodged many bullets with my health- now its catching up with me so I am exercising 5x a week and following a Clean Food diet. I know this is going to be a long recovery to wellness. Anyone else out there with alot of weight to shed?

Replies

• tjbermant
    tjbermant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost more than 50 pounds using this tool two years ago. I have managed to keep the weight off. More than anything you will find this is a great food diary, the most basic and effective method for portion and weight control. Sometimes we forget what we eat, or don't think about it... The food just tastes so good, so it's easy to eat past the point of fulness. myfitnesspal helped me reach a sustainable place.

Stick with it. You will find success.
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thank you- I appreciate the encouragement
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I recommend Eat To Live by Joel Fuhrmann he is diving into lot of scientific evidence. LIke eating low nutrient food is very bad.
    dairy food is worse than eating veggies. Most vegetables has lot of calcium and stuff. While calcium form plants is absorbed at rate of 50%, form dairy absorption is only 35% and you excrete calcium from urine cause you're provided with animal protein. We have a lot in common with other primates. You can add me as friend if you want.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies
  • VioletLemon
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • Kihei2015
    Kihei2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies

• Kihei2015
    Options
    Kihei2015 wrote: »
    Read the stickies

• Kihei2015
    Options
    Violet I too am 350 lbs and the only person that knows is my husband.I have been using myfitnesspal for about two weeks and it has definitely helped me regain control of my portion sizes. If you are looking for ongoing support maybe we could become friends. Losing weight for me this time needs to be a slow process. I've tried all the fast and unhealthy diets and here I am again looking to lose at least 150 pounds. Everyday is a new one and I am working at being kinder to myself. Good luck to you!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say hello and welcome to mfp! Set your mind to it, you can do it!
  • VioletLemon
    Options
    Thank you! Yes it is mental as well as physical- I truly believe that
  • badgerpam22
    badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I got 100 to go max... right there with ya
  • VioletLemon
    Options
    Kihei2015 wrote: »
    Violet I too am 350 lbs and the only person that knows is my husband.I have been using myfitnesspal for about two weeks and it has definitely helped me regain control of my portion sizes. If you are looking for ongoing support maybe we could become friends. Losing weight for me this time needs to be a slow process. I've tried all the fast and unhealthy diets and here I am again looking to lose at least 150 pounds. Everyday is a new one and I am working at being kinder to myself. Good luck to you!

Hi KiHei
    Not even my husband knows!! I joined the YMCA about 2 weeks ago and have been going nearly every day. The huge pool there is my favorite and is easy on the joints!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have to lose about 140 more I have lost 112 so far, feel free to ad me :)
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just started as well (day 10). I'm hoping to lose about 40-60. I'm sure you can do it! Go to the success stories section- that's what I do when I need inspiration and encouragement.
  • danibananees
    danibananees Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im new-ish...one of those fall off the wagon types. I've been nonstop on MFP for the past 3 weeks. I started seeing a nutritionist and they recommended using this as a reminder. I put EVERYTHING in my diary. Beer, snacks, gum, etc. It helps me see where I am hungry the most, what cravings I have and then I can look back at my triggers. Best of luck. Its a long journey, but the time is going to pass anyways. :)
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say Hello, Welcome and Good Luck!
  • cyamissy
    cyamissy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am just like you! I have about over 150 pounds to lose and nobody knows that i weigh what i do. Not even my boyfriend -- i don't want to tell anyone "that" number! I don't even want to know it. I just started recently again and am ready to make some changes. We can do this!!! Add me as a friend if you want too!
  • VioletLemon
    Options
    hello everyone! Its wonderful to see everyone on their way to health like me and hear all of the stories! Thank you for taking the time to encourage and share! I am excited about being a part of this community.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 pounds the last 4 years. My advice is avoid the fads, gimmicks, and gurus, eat sensibly and in moderation, be honest about your food diary,and get moving!