Healthy desserts (would love sugar free)

Options
AshleaS2015
AshleaS2015 Posts: 5 Member
Anyone have any healthy dessert recipes, that are low or have no added sugar in them? I have a super sweet tooth, however I'm trying to cut back on refined sugars after reading 'That Sugar Book'!

Replies

• LittleMissFitness92
    LittleMissFitness92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is the best banana loaf EVER and it feeds 6 :)

Okay so I use:
    2 sachets of original quaker oats, 2 bananas, 9 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops of protein powder (I use chocolate peanut cookie) and 2 egg whites.
    Mix together well
    Line a baking tray and fill OR use a muffin tin to make 6 muffins :)

Each muffin or 1/6 of loaf is around 115 calories and TRUST ME it is dense but oh so yummy. No added sugar as the banana sweetens the recipe and if you use diet whey like me, the the calories are even less. Add a pinch of cinnamon too if you fancy!
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am going to make that soon! What temperature and for how long?
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Freeze peeled very ripe bananas. When frozen place in food processor and process until smooth like ice cream. At this point you can eat it like that or use it as a base to add other flavors (ex: nut butter, nutella, protein powder)

I like to take the frozen banana mixture and place it into a muffin tin then drizzle melted dark chocolate and melted peanut butter on it. Top with some chopped nuts and refreeze. You could pop one or two of these treats and its so yummy.
  • janique20
    janique20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    any desserts without banana?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Frozen seedless grapes are lovely. Freezing seems to enhance their sweetness, too. They make a nice addition to fizzy water (seltzer). Frozen cherries are delicious as well.

Another healthy treat is to simply freeze your favorite yogurt. I am in LOVE with Dannon Lite & Fit Chocolate Covered Cherry Greek Yogurt and it is soooo good frozen. TDF and only 80 calories. Any flavor is scrumptious.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I second the frozen grapes. They are so good!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    i make apple cinnamon pancakes. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oats, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 6 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites), 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1-4 tbsp sweetener (I use splenda) all depends on how sweet you want it/ if you use syrup after. mix together in a blender till texture of batter, then use as normal. I sprinkle little apple slices over top side while it's cooking in pan before flipping. Really eases my sweet tooth. Sometimes if I want it more sweet I add Mrs Buttersworth no sugar syrup.

Other than that, fruit salad. Cut up whatever fruit is around and ripe and voila. Tastes really good with vanilla yogurt mixed in.