Fasted Cardio

Options
Hi! What's the best fasted cardio & how long should this be carried out for. The reason being as I am unsure if I should do fasted HIIT such as Metafit, or if I should cycle/run for 45mins or so at low intensity? Is having a black coffee upon weakening and then doing cardio ok for fat loss also? Thanks, Chloe :)

Replies

• galengentry
    galengentry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of meta fit. Looked it up and it's bodyweight circuit training. Cool. I do daily circuit training, too. You will likely receive many opinions answering your question on this board. Here is mine: Things like meta fit are better than low level aerobic exercise such as cycle/jog for 45 minutes for helping a person lose weight.

If you want the evidentiary support for this contention, type into your browser "jogging v. sprinting" you will receive a plethora of info. From there you compare circuit training to jogging, etc. I'd also suggest you visit t-nation.com as the site has a number of articles on the comparison. Here is one https://www.t-nation.com/training/4-dumbest-forms-of-cardio (ignore the pics of the giant dudes, the article is factually sound)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness goals and capabilities.
    A calorie deficit is all that's required for fat loss by the way.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Fasted cardio is something long distance runners do to train their bodies to use fat stores for energy more efficiently. Like the poster above me said, if all you are concerned with is fat loss you just need the daily/weekly deficit.
  • _ChloeHunter
    _ChloeHunter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. Calorie deficit is the main thing, ok! Got it! :-)