Has anyone tried Bootea?

Options
I've seen it about a lot and know a few people who have tried it and they've all said it's okay. I'm on the fence and don't really want to have to following their eating plan as it cuts out meat and dairy (their website says you don't have to but to get the best results they advise you too)

Just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it and how they thought it went. What did you do after you finished it or have you carried on using it? Did it help you lose any weight at all? If so did you following the eating plan?

Replies

• Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Probably best to stick with CICO

sounds like a fad diet if it's saying you can't eat certain things
  • ThisOrderedLife
    ThisOrderedLife Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tried it in a moment of weakness....

NOT worth it... just really expensive herbal tea... tasty but not magical- diet was not much of anything different than what I already do but that is pretty clean

Just buy yourself some lemon ginsing green tea for the AM and some lavender and camomile for the PM and spend the rest of the money of a few yoga classes
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Does it taste nicer than Assam?

Can I dip my biscuit in it?

These would be the only considerations I would have about trying a new 'tea'
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    A weight-loss tea?

How do people's "scam alarms" not go off in these situations?
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Personally I've not tried it though I love herbal teas. I did read a box though while perusing in Holland and Barrett....

It has senna in it!!!! It's a really expensive laxative, i would guess like all teatoxes it will make you lose a couple of lbs water weight for 20 quid a box.

Could just buy a nice filling tea that tastes nice and skip the biscuit with it? Possibly more effective and cheaper.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have several friends who have used it and all have said the same thing: it makes you feel fricking fantastic but it is not going to make you lose weight.

It comes with a day time and a night time tea, both of which are filled with yummy herbal goodness. The night time has senna in it which is a herbal laxative. Every single person I know who has done it warns to do your first night time tea on a Friday night when you know no-one is going to be around to judge you being in the bathroom pretty much all day Saturday! However, the initial exorcist like cleanse seems to stop after the first few night time teas so it's not horrendous. Like another poster said, the night time tea will most likely just make you drop some water weight.

What my friends have said is that they feel much less bloated after doing it so all in all feel a lot better about themselves. I think if you approach it that way it can't do any harm. Like I said it's all natural herby goodness and I tried the daytime tea and it was really quite delicious. But no, it's not a shortcut to weight loss.
  • Amy_FeathSaorsa
    Amy_FeathSaorsa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have tried it. Made me feel less sluggish and gave me some more energy but did nothing for weight loss. It's a good cup of tea but not much more than that!
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. Waste of time. Dropped some weight in the first week (probably down to all the wees and poos - sorry!) After that, made no difference!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    They call it "Bootea" because you lose water weight out your booty.

Its a silly scam, don't be fooled.

Eat less, move more, stay hydrated.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Do a forum search.

Also, don't waste your money. It'll only make you poop. Just eat less food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is this the one that just gives you massive runs?????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

well calling it diarrhea tea would not have been the best marketing strategy....
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    is this the one that just gives you massive runs?????

I think they all do that.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

well calling it diarrhea tea would not have been the best marketing strategy....

They could give it a cutsie spelling and get away with it, I bet...."DiAr'ee-Ha! The latest FAT BURNING SUPERFOOD from the ancient Aztecs! Our secret Montezuma formula will SHED POUNDS FAST!!!!ELEVENTY!!!"
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options

They could give it a cutsie spelling and get away with it, I bet...."DiAr'ee-Ha! The latest FAT BURNING SUPERFOOD from the ancient Aztecs! Our secret Montezuma formula will SHED POUNDS FAST!!!!ELEVENTY!!!"

atxa750zb3y3.gif

Aztec Two Step Detox Tea - you'll never trust a fart again!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I have a friend that calls it Poop Tea. She takes it along with other crazy quick fixes but it hasn't seemed to help yet.

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow it really has senna in it? Smh..
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    From the Bootea website:
    The only side-effects that may come from the use of Bootea are those associated with the laxative effect from the Senna Leaf found in the Bedtime Cleanse tea...

Bedtime + laxative? Sounds like a bad prank.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    The name alone is just so unappetizing...