Does anyone else feel like

Options
Even though most of the time when you come on here you feel motivated seeing everyones success etc, but sometimes, with all the different things people are saying, in terms of eating back calories, starvation mode, all that kinda stuff, you just feel super stressed out?

I LOVE myfitnesspal, I really do, but before i came on here i had in my head weightloss was simple, eat less, move more. but ever since coming on these message boards daily I have been pulling my hair out stressing about net calories, and exercise calroies, and carb intake, protein intake, starvation mode, it just seems so complicated now.

I'm not dissing this website, or the people on it, AT ALL, but I think I might have to take a step back from the message boards for a while, all the different advise is sorta getting me down.

Good luck everyone, and have a good weekend I'm sure I'll be back in a few days for some advise ;)

Oh and feel free to add me as a friend anyone, never can have enough buddies xx

Replies

• veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    I just ignore all that :) I try to keep it simple, and just get my net calories as close to my daily budgeted amount as possible. Maybe try avoiding certain threads if you know the answers will stress you out once you read them?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I ignore most of it as well. Find what "works" for you and stick to that. I read these occasionally, but don't let yourself get stressed out about all of it.

I also sent you a friend request. Have an AWESOME day!!
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, all the information can be overwhelming and almost confusing! Keep it simple until you are at a point where YOU want to learn more. Eat your calories and keep up with your exercise, short and sweet! :)
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I agree, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

You fill the car with fuel based on your projected needs. If you decide to have a drive out one day, you need to put more fuel in it.

Works for me! But everybody sees things things in different ways. Do what works for you, and good luck, keep up the plan
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    YES! When I first started it was a bit overwhelming,but now I just do not worry about it. I listen to my body,and not random people on the net,I have never felt better or had more energy in my life than I do now.
  • spring12peanut
    Options
    totally see what you're daying! sometimes we need to take a step back and do whats good for us!
  • spring12peanut
    Options
    totally see what you're daying! sometimes we need to take a step back and do whats good for us!

"saying" .... oops :tongue:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple in your head... eat less, work out more and you will be ok.

I dont know how much you need to lose, but for people who need to lose 50+ pounds, that simple formula works well..... you only need to start thinking about all the other "stuff" once you get to a point to where you have reached a plateau, .... then you may want to ask questions and see what else you may be able to do to get past it.

Basically, do what is working for you as long as its working. Some people are more advanced in their weight loss / fitness knowledge.
    There are tons of "experts" in here and a ton of good information, but dont let it stress you out.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just do what works for you. You know how to diet, you know what you need to do. Less food,more exercise period.
    Do what you need to do to make it work for you, everyone has their own style.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I try to just ignore all the techy stuff. I think most of it - eating back exercise cals or not, weighing every item of food, wearing a HRM, weight training vs cardio.....is all very minor details, almost to the point of irrelevancy. The important thing is not eating more than you burn. That's it, really. Eat healthily, do some exercise. That's it. The details of both are completely up to you.

I find all this obsessing over the tiny details pretty laughable.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I know what you mean!! I've actually been derailed from my weight loss journeys in the past because there's too much pressure and conflicting information and I've gotten so overwhelmed that I'd give up. This time though, I know I need to keep it simple and ignore all the noise and concentrate on me. No deprivation, everything in moderation. And really the only thing I watch is calories - I can't be bothered with the rest of it because to me, that makes it a "diet" and I'm not dieting, I'm just trying to keep my calories under control and be more fit.

And it really bother me when someone asks for simple advice here and they're immediately bombarded with "stop eating carbs" and "do a different ratio of carbs/protein/whatever" and "stop eating sugar, it's poison" etc etc ad nauseum. I get that it works for them and they're super excited about that and want to share but I think people need to realize that too much information and too much pressure can really intimidate people. Be gentle and keep it simple and encourage this stranger that needs your advice, please don't overwhelm them from day one or they may run away screaming in horror!

Enjoy your break and try to come back with some peace of mind. When you open a thread that starts out with preaching, close it and move on to the next one.
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • kandyland86
    kandyland86 Posts: 34
    Options
    most def.i just read them take the info into consideration when making personal decisions and choices and at the end of the day i do what works for me!