High Calorie Foods to avoid.

Options
Pasta - Typical box of pasta 8 servings x 200 calories = 1600 calories per 16 oz box.

Mac and Cheese is pretty lethal also. 410 calories per serving x 3 = 1230 Calories.

Brownies from the Box - 170 calories x 20 servings = 3400 calories.

Feel free to add your favorite high calorie foods.

Replies

• atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    just reading this made me hungry...but the first killer food that popped into my mind was my favorite mashed potatoes...i know potatoes aren't a "no-no" food but they are after i mix ranch dressing, bacon and cheese in with them...

to die for!! and if i kept eating them and all the rest of my junk...i probably would have...
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Splurged last week while in NY & ate a piece of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory - YIKES! - over 1300 calories for 1 slice!:grumble:
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Greggs sausage rolls x 2 (it takes 2 to fill me up)= 480 cals!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Splurged last week while in NY & ate a piece of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory - YIKES! - over 1300 calories for 1 slice!:grumble:

ok, that doesn't make my sausage rolls look too bad... I can't believe there's so much in one slice of cheesecake! I could eat the whole thing its that nice! :noway:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Honey. It's worth it LOL! That stuff is heaven in the flesh!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Pizza and Garlic bread (even supermarket varities are very calorific) - I have not had either in months now

Wine - again it is pretty calorific so I avoid it now.
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    buffalo wings. OMG I had 6 wings from buffallo wild wings, come to find out I ate about 1400 calories. This was about 2 months ago, and never again will I eat that.. I almost cried when I found out how bad it was....
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The large "Gotta Have It" Cake 'n Shake at Coldstone.

1670 Calories

And the kicker...155 grams of sugar!

The large PB&C shake at Coldstone

2010 Calories

153 grams of sugar

Coldstone Creamery...bringing premature type 2 diabetes to a town near you!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Pasta - Typical box of pasta 8 servings x 200 calories = 1600 calories per 16 oz box.

Mac and Cheese is pretty lethal also. 410 calories per serving x 3 = 1230 Calories.

Brownies from the Box - 170 calories x 20 servings = 3400 calories.

Feel free to add your favorite high calorie foods.

Pasta is bad if you eat the whole box but 1 serving of whole wheat pasta at 200 cals for 2 ounces isn't what I consider a high-calorie food. Mac & Cheese is bad if you use the suggested prep (2 tbsp 2% milk and 4 tbps butter) but the reduced fat prep (using 1 tbsp skim milk and 1/2 tbsp of margarine) makes it much better and it's about 290 cals for 1 serving. I know I can't eat an entire box at one time and while it's not an every day or every week thing I do make mac & cheese occasionally using the low fat prep and I share the box!

brownies - yes those are very high cal, no thanks!
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    hey lulu1962....I bet it was worth it though:)
  • Barneystinson
    Options
    buffalo wings. OMG I had 6 wings from buffallo wild wings, come to find out I ate about 1400 calories. This was about 2 months ago, and never again will I eat that.. I almost cried when I found out how bad it was....

It may have been the sauce. There are dry rub wings at a lot of other wing joints that will give you about 400-600 calories for 6 wings. Don't despair! Not all wings are created equal! :)
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    just reading this made me hungry...but the first killer food that popped into my mind was my favorite mashed potatoes...i know potatoes aren't a "no-no" food but they are after i mix ranch dressing, bacon and cheese in with them...

to die for!! and if i kept eating them and all the rest of my junk...i probably would have...

Have you tried the new instant mashed potatoes in the pouches? They come in all different flavors, you just mix with water and microwave and they are DELISH! And pretty calorie friendly! :happy:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    <<Mac & Cheese is bad if you use the suggested prep (2 tbsp 2% milk and 4 tbps butter) but the reduced fat prep (using 1 tbsp skim milk and 1/2 tbsp of margarine) makes it much better and it's about 290 cals for 1 serving.>>

And even less if you just use water :)
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Why is everyone so afraid of potatoes?

I read an article once that did research into the 'the highest energy foods with the least calories' and potatoes were on top of the list! I think they are an essential part of a healthy diet!

If you mash them with tonnes of butter though, they aint! lol

Indian and Chinese food .. I dont think its possible for me to have a healthy option :grumble:
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh and for you mayonnaise lovers 1tbp contains around 100cals!! Im glad I dont like mayo lol
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Pad Thai is about 500 calories......:( I love it though
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I don't like English pizza, but I have to eat it when in Italy! I can't believe how many calories it has. Where does it hide them all?!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options

It may have been the sauce. There are dry rub wings at a lot of other wing joints that will give you about 400-600 calories for 6 wings. Don't despair! Not all wings are created equal! :)

If you bake them instead of frying that might work out better......
  • Barneystinson
    Options

If you bake them instead of frying that might work out better......

There are some places that serve baked boneless wings. As long as they don't load them with crappy sugary sauce, they're good.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Well, crap, now I want pasta.