So frustrated with myself

Options
I was doing so well in my journey, managed to drop from 161lbs to 137lbs (well on my way to goal of 120lbs). And then I slipped up. I stopped going to the gym, I stopped logging, I slipped back into old habits and shot back up to 144lbs. During this time I also had my anti-depressants (trazodone) doubled, put onto new anti-psychotics (amisulpride) and went back on my depo shot and I'm just so frustrated that I let myself slip up. And just how easy it was. I'm now back on it, but finding it harder to get back into my groove. Sorry for the post but really needed to vent, and my friends and family just don't get the struggle I have.

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A while back I had dropped a pretty fair amount of weight. And then...I got a cold. And I gained it all back plus about 15 lbs. We all slip up. The question is: are you going to give up? You don't necessarily have to find the same groove you had before...as long as you're doing something to work towards your goal. Even tiny changes can make a huge impact.

Shoot me a request if you like! You've got this!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have been on antidepressants for the past 2 years or so and I have gained at least 15ish lbs and I was on this site before and lost almost 30 lbs to be back to the beginning. But we can't change the past all we can do is take care of right now. Be strong and remember each meal is a new chance to make it healthy and feel good about it. We will get back there!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    SET backs happen.. it is how we learn to succeed... YOU are going to be JUST fine.. in fact better than FINE.. YOU are going to be someone's hero someday... JUST keep moving forward. YOU only look back to make sure your not travelling in a circle
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    The question is: are you going to give up?

Never! I'm remarkably stubborn lol
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You had a lot going on, so it's understandable. You are human, not infallible. Be kind to yourself so you can pick yourself up and begin again. And don't condemn yourself when you have a slip-up. We all mess up. They key is to forgive yourself and get back on track ASAP.
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    lostalykat wrote: »
    I feel your pain! I have been on antidepressants for the past 2 years or so and I have gained at least 15ish lbs and I was on this site before and lost almost 30 lbs to be back to the beginning. But we can't change the past all we can do is take care of right now. Be strong and remember each meal is a new chance to make it healthy and feel good about it. We will get back there!

I do think some of them contribute to weight gain, but I've lost on them before and I'll do it again. We've got this
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    SET backs happen.. it is how we learn to succeed... YOU are going to be JUST fine.. in fact better than FINE.. YOU are going to be someone's hero someday... JUST keep moving forward. YOU only look back to make sure your not travelling in a circle

Thank you :smile:
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    You had a lot going on, so it's understandable. You are human, not infallible. Be kind to yourself so you can pick yourself up and begin again. And don't condemn yourself when you have a slip-up. We all mess up. They key is to forgive yourself and get back on track ASAP.

I am my own worst critic admittedly, I'm still learning how to be kind to myself
  • ryan_aye
    ryan_aye Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Been there. I was in the best shape of my life then got into an accident and injured my knee and broke my elbow which reduced my activity significantly. Since then I've never been as good of shape and would get frustrated and eventually fall off the wagon. It happens but it definitely shows ones' character if they push through and get back on track no matter how many times they may have fallen! Keep up the good work!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    If losing weight and maintaining the losses were easy, then we wouldn't have a large population of overweight and obese people. It isn't easy. But it can be done.

If you need cheering up, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUsRGuZb6k

"Don't lose your confidence if you slip."

Lots of folks have been in your situation and have turned it around. You just have to set your goal, make a plan, and work the plan until you get there.

It is simple, but not easy. But you can do it.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hop back on the horse girl!! You have done this once, and you will do it again! :)
  • PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    lil_lizt wrote: »
    I was doing so well in my journey, managed to drop from 161lbs to 137lbs (well on my way to goal of 120lbs). And then I slipped up. I stopped going to the gym, I stopped logging, I slipped back into old habits and shot back up to 144lbs. During this time I also had my anti-depressants (trazodone) doubled, put onto new anti-psychotics (amisulpride) and went back on my depo shot and I'm just so frustrated that I let myself slip up. And just how easy it was. I'm now back on it, but finding it harder to get back into my groove. Sorry for the post but really needed to vent, and my friends and family just don't get the struggle I have.
    When you fall down you don't just lay there. You get back up. There might be more set backs down the road , just get back up. You can do it!
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What helps me to get out of bed to go to the gym in the morning is remembering: "You never regret when you get up and go, but you always regret when you stay in bed and don't."

Or, "what means more to you? Staying in bed for another restless few hours, waiting for the alarm clock to go off, or working on having a six pack for the waterpark this summer?" The six pack usually wins.
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • PurpleMystique
    PurpleMystique Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi was wondering how you are getting on?
    Medication for the last 2 years and giving up logging and gym has lead me to weight gain. I'm now trying to lose but have concentrated on adding exercise for the last month - that I going strong but no weight lost. So now it's time to stop snacks and start logging.

Would appreciate support and friends who understand the reality of anti-psychotics and mood disorders.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You slipped up and have acknowledged it early enough that you didn't gain all your weight back. Kudos on that. Just brush off and keep plugging along!
  • momtomanygirls
    momtomanygirls Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    A while back I had dropped a pretty fair amount of weight. And then...I got a cold. And I gained it all back plus about 15 lbs. We all slip up. The question is: are you going to give up? You don't necessarily have to find the same groove you had before...as long as you're doing something to work towards your goal. Even tiny changes can make a huge impact.

Shoot me a request if you like! You've got this!

This is exactly what I needed to read.
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Hi was wondering how you are getting on?
    Medication for the last 2 years and giving up logging and gym has lead me to weight gain. I'm now trying to lose but have concentrated on adding exercise for the last month - that I going strong but no weight lost. So now it's time to stop snacks and start logging.

Would appreciate support and friends who understand the reality of anti-psychotics and mood disorders.

Heya, I'm just getting back on it now. I've had my medication upped yet again and it's left me with next to no energy, all I seem to do is sleep which means I've also been lacking motivation to cook so been existing on take aways. I know that's a terrible excuse but it's how it's been lol. I'm starting to stabilise now and done a healthy food shop today. After weeks of eating rubbish fruit and veg has never tasted so good lol