Swimming for weight loss.

Options
Anyone else on here swimming for weight loss? I'm swimming an hour a day everyday. I would like to find some friends who are also doing something like that to share stories and ideas with...

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    This was my main source for weightloss until I moved now I dont have a pool, but it helped me loose fast. Almost two pounds every workout and i never felt pain the next day. Its just important to ensure your eatting properly at a deficit or else your body will contour but your weight will take longer to come off
  • FuriousMoose
    FuriousMoose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm still too heavy to run, and the elliptical kicks my *kitten*. I lift weights and do pilates and yoga and wanted to do more cardio, so I've started adding swimming into my fitness routine. I didn't like swimming at school and was never particularly a strong swimmer, but installed the Speedo Fit app with distance goals, and now do 500m at least 3 times a week, and hoping to improve that :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    nice swimming ? So fun ,i wish i could swim for my daily workouts :(
  • crysryan150
    crysryan150 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to look up that app! Cool. I've always been a big swimme. I love it, so it's not just exercise, it's also fun. Can I add you?
  • photognurse
    photognurse Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on here swimming for weight loss? I'm swimming an hour a day everyday. I would like to find some friends who are also doing something like that to share stories and ideas with...

What kind of swimming are you doing? Laps or water walking type exercise?
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In January and February I tried to swim at least 3 to 4 times per week at 650m per session and I loved it, low impact and you can sweat gracefully in the water:) I went back to walking outside and recently biking my neighborhood. When it gets too hot I will probably go back to the pool at the YMCA, or actually I think you just inspired me to go back now! You can friend me if you like:) -Nancy
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    There is a swimmers group on MFP. Just search it. Good bunch of people, swimming to keep fit!
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I swim once a week. I used to do the american stroke for 30 minutes but that kind of got boring even though I got into a nice rhythmic groove. I now warm up casually for five minutes and then I swim as fast as I can for one length and then wade back one length and repeat 12 times. I do it for aerobics (if that term is still used) as opposed to weight loss.
  • crysryan150
    Options
    I can't find the group :( I love this app though. I am meeting some many new people. I need to meet new fitness minded friends :)
  • crysryan150
    Options
    Photonurse- I am doing laps. Started about 2 weeks ago, so I'm still getting my routine down. I do laps for a while, and then do some aerobic exercises while in the water, and then go back to the laps. I repeat that for 1 hour.
  • soosew
    soosew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also swimming to help me with weight loss. I am swimming lengths of 25m ,usually 6 then walking for 2 lengths. I repeat this for 45 mins 2 or 3 times a week. Feel free to add me.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    the Swimmers Group is very active. You can't search for it, just have to scroll through the groups until you find it.
  • crysryan150
    Options
    How do I scroll through the groups?
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Look at top of this page, click on groups, then click on browse groups. You can then scroll through all 5000+ groups. Look on page 6 for the Swimmers Group
  • crysryan150
    Options
    Thanks. I actually found it! So excited lol
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I gave you bad info. I should have just given you a link instead but I was in a hurry. Glad you found it!