Toning the stomach after weight loss

Options
Just wondered if anyone else is having issues toning up around the stomach area after losing weight. I'm not sure if I have lost too much weight but my belly just feels like jelly.

Replies

• ImVeryAngryItsNotButter
    Options
    Do you have any sort of ab/core routine that you regularly incorporate into your lift days?
  • bigdaddy_sam
    bigdaddy_sam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    *Following. Biggest fear is losing all the weight only to grow skin wings and become a bat >.>
    Options
    Unfortunately extreme weight loss often requires surgery to "tighten" the skin back to where it once was.
  • bigdaddy_sam
    Options
    Well...that sucks..
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, Mark - you're on a roll and killing it and keep showing up, which puts you ahead of most people. In fact I wouldn't take any special measures to deal with loose skin until you’ve hit 9-10% body fat. 10% is when abs start showing up for most people however ab definition and visibility also has a lot to do with body type/build/genetics.
  • bigdaddy_sam
    Options
    Haha thanks :) I sent y'all a friend request. I could use more guy friends on here.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone else is having issues toning up around the stomach area after losing weight. I'm not sure if I have lost too much weight but my belly just feels like jelly.

Having a nice stomach comes down to having low body fat and adequate lean mass. Since your belly feels like jelly you still have fat to lose. Find a quality strength training program that incorporates compound lifts. Continue to eat at a deficit. Also check out my thread in the General section about having a nice stomach. It's a sticky, you can't miss it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Are you doing any strength training with compound lifts? If not, start those and throw in some hanging leg raises. Belly fat is a result of overall body fat percentage, and unfortunately, most of us seem to lose it there last.
  • Newdarylord
    Newdarylord Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm pretty firm everywhere else just my belly seemed to be stubborn. But il try doing more strength training.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Flat-Belly-Tips-Infographic-35069151
    It's a mix of food and workouts. Check out all the plank variations on pinterst. There are also 30 day ab challenges.