Weird question :)

Options
Ok so it seems to me like every time I'm done working out my butt and thy's are allways "poping". Kinda similar to the feeling when your foot falls asleep but sereously more of a pop than a tingle? What is that? A friend of mine said it's the fat cells dissolving? Is that true? Sorry of this is a dumb question.Tthanks in advance,kim

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ok so it seems to me like every time I'm done working out my butt and thy's are allways "poping". Kinda similar to the feeling when your foot falls asleep but sereously more of a pop than a tingle? What is that? A friend of mine said it's the fat cells dissolving? Is that true? Sorry of this is a dumb question.Tthanks in advance,kim

What is popping, and where on your body is it happening?

Unfortunately, no, it's not exploding fat cells though.

If you're getting random little twitches in muscles you just worked, that just means that you worked them fairly hard and you're getting some single muscle fibers firing here and there. That's not a cause for worry. ;)

If a joint is making a popping sound, then you are using too much weight for your muscles to handle, overstressing the joints or you have an unstable joint and that IS a problem. You could be setting yourself up for an injury.
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    I have the same feeling... I know exactly what you are talking about and it usually last for like 10 minutes. But however I dont know what it is. ((like twitching kinda)) i dont really know how to explain it. I think it is just your mucles working to calm down once you get them hyped up... But i dont know... Honestly
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

What is popping, and where on your body is it happening?

If you're getting random little twitches in muscles you just worked, that just means that you worked them fairly hard and you're getting some single muscle fibers firing here and there. That's not a cause for worry. ;)

If a joint is making a popping sound, then you are using too much weight for your muscles to handle, overstressing the joints or you have an unstable joint and that IS a problem. You could be setting yourself up for an injury.
    No it's not my joints,it's like someone is flicking my legs and butt lol...sounds to me like it's the first thing you mentioned...thanks now I know it means I'm actually working my muscles out :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Darn it!!! No exploding fat cells!?! :grumble:

I like those random twitches because it means that I used my muscles that might not always be worked. The twitching doesn't happen as often any more since I have been working out since the end of Jan.

If you have pain with this issue, tone down your workouts. :wink:
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have the same feeling... I know exactly what you are talking about and it usually last for like 10 minutes. But however I dont know what it is. ((like twitching kinda)) i dont really know how to explain it. I think it is just your mucles working to calm down once you get them hyped up... But i dont know... Honestly
    Yes rely hard to explain but I think your rite,it's gotta be what a pp said and it's just the muscles calming down...too bad it's not my fat disappearing lmfao!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Next time you turn off your car engine after a long drive, get out and listen to the engine. It's off, you've stopped using it, but you can still hear all those noises in there while it cools off and stuff. That's what your muscles are doing. You've finished your exercise but the muscles are still doing their thing, sort of processing the effects of the exercise if that makes sense. It's not fat cells popping or bursting... fat cells don't do that, they just shrink when you burn the fat they're holding. Biologically speaking, cells "popping" would be serious cause for alarm. Rest assured though, you ARE burining fat if you're working out hard enough to make your muscles feel that way.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

bummer!! :grumble:
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Darn it!!! No exploding fat cells!?! :grumble:
    [/quote]

LOL!!:laugh:

If that were the case, I'd work out super HARD everyday until my fat cells exploded!!

I get the twitching spasm thing too....don't know what the heck it is but it feels kinda cool! Maybe it's the muscles way of calming down? Who knows!
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Similar thing happens to me ....my sciatic nerve gets pinched every time I work out so I get random jolts of twitching down my left bum cheek and leg for a few hours. Makes me walk funny for a while but I don't think it's doing any harm haha
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

OMG the same think used to happen to me when I ran. I would tell/ask others about it and they just looked at me like I was crazy. I never did find out why, but I guessed maybe it was the cellulite (apologies if you don't have any, but I did) moving around. :ohwell: