2 year healthy streak gone off track - anyone else

Options
Hi all, was on a 2 plus year healthy streak, and can't get back on the wagon since Oct. 2014! First it was a vaca, then the holidays, then a foot surgey, and now I am trying to get back in the grove. Surprisingly, didn't gain more than 4 pounds but need to start getting focused so it doesn't get out of control? Any tips on how to get back on track and refocused?

Replies

• MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went off my very healthy eating/exercise habits because my ex husband made fun of me......I regained over 100Lbs over 9 years. Notice I said EX. It took me a few years to restart my healthy eating again. Because of a serious injury 2 years ago I have not had the chance to become an exercise junkie ---- YET :smile:

As far as how to get started in healthy habits, think Yoda......just do!
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marci! We got this!! Thanks for your note!
  • tapo04
    tapo04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @frameloss I am in the same boat! Last year was a great year of health and diet and exercise for me. My family moved across the country and it has been very hard since the the winter to get back into the habit. I lost a lot of weight and I just feel stuck right now. So i have been using MFP for a couple years and it really helped me last year to drop my weight over 40lbs. I have not been keeping up with my logging since "coming back". Today is the first day I committed to small a goal of logging everything I eat before I eat it and finishing every night through out the weekend. Just a small four day goal to start off from. Want to join me in the logging challenge for myself?
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would agree that careful logging will help. I always gain when I stop logging. Not immediately but within a few months. Logging forces me to be mindful. But 4lbs is nothing! Water weight really. Just be more aware. You clearly haven't gone too off track.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I had a 4 year good streak that went bad. It started getting bad (old habits creeping in) in August 2014 and really fell apart during the holidays. Finally I pulled myself out in March 2015 but had gained 9 pounds. The important thing is to get back into it.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Have you thot about joining the Biggest Loser on here? It might be just the challenge needed to kick you into high gear. You find them under Community- scroll down until you see the Biggest Loser Season 17 link- look for sign up for season 18.
  • frameloss
    Options
    tapo04 wrote: »
    @frameloss I am in the same boat! Last year was a great year of health and diet and exercise for me. My family moved across the country and it has been very hard since the the winter to get back into the habit. I lost a lot of weight and I just feel stuck right now. So i have been using MFP for a couple years and it really helped me last year to drop my weight over 40lbs. I have not been keeping up with my logging since "coming back". Today is the first day I committed to small a goal of logging everything I eat before I eat it and finishing every night through out the weekend. Just a small four day goal to start off from. Want to join me in the logging challenge for myself?

Yes! Starting tomorrow for me:)!
  • frameloss
    Options
    cj94404 wrote: »
    I would agree that careful logging will help. I always gain when I stop logging. Not immediately but within a few months. Logging forces me to be mindful. But 4lbs is nothing! Water weight really. Just be more aware. You clearly haven't gone too off track.

Yes, been about 8 months of poor eating! You are right, 4 pounds is not a lot, but my oof choices have been horrific! Here's to wellness!!!!!
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hey,
    Just a couple of weeks poor eating for me and I intend to nip it in the bud come Monday. Been nursing a foot injury for the past few weeks....out went the excercise and out went the healthy eating gerrrr managed to loose 0.2lb but gain a small percentage of fat.

Determined not to throw the past 5 months hard work away! Keep on fighting!

Shaun.

• _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just pushing myself harder to get back on track.