Barb from Kansas

Options
Hi all, I have been fighting with my weight off and on for over 40 years. I would like to get below 200. I keep gaining and losing same 10 pounds. After losing 60 I regained 20. I need help. I have generally attended weight watchers but meetings are now limited in my area. Recently I tried Jenny Craig for 6 weeks before a trip overseas. I prefer making my own food. I am cooking for one and retired. Would love to gain support here. I am also fairly sedentary. I leave in 11 days for long motorcycle trip to east coast and on to Canada. Concerned about eating out for 3 weeks especially as many meals will be provided. My best friend and I do share meals at all restaurants.

Thanks for your support.

Barbara

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Your trip sounds amazing!! I hope you enjoy yourselves. When eating out just try to make smart choices - go for salads, lean meat, veggies and don't be afraid to ask the server to customize your meal e.g. no butter, or dressing on the side.

I lost weight myself on Weight Watchers a few years ago. My Fitness Pal works just as well however. You might miss the in person classes, so add some friends on here so that you build your online support network and get the motivation you need!

I'll add you as a friend now :)
  • freewolf49
    freewolf49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, many meals are provided for large group as we are riding with run for the wall to Washington DC. I will try to guess on content of meals . After we leave Washington DC I think it may be somewhat easier as we will be on our own to Canada.

I am not sure how all of this works, but anxious to learn.