Girls only lol

Options
okay so I just started working out and trying to eat right about a week ago. My period was supposed to start yesterday..and I've read that exercise can throw it off a little. Has that happened to anyone? Can anyone put my mind at ease please

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    have you had sex since your last period?
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Before anyone starts metaphorically killing any rabbits, periods can be a few days late or a few days early. It eventually happens to everyone. Just give yourself a few days.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    IMO one day is not much to worry about yet, however I don't have very consistant "start" times myself.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, you've got to put your body under a fair amount of stress in order to stop your period from happening. Less than a week of changed habits is very, very unlikely to have caused any major cycle changes. Cycle changes are caused by either excessive stress (through exercise or limited dietary calories over an extended period of time) or from hormone changes due to body composition changes, when it comes to a changing lifestyle making cycle changes... so... I would say this probably has nothing to do with your less than a week of changing things up. Periods are not clockwork, you can only know a predicted day for it to start, there's no guarantee that your body will start it on the day you predict. I'd just chill out unless you hit more than a week over. If still late, and you've had sex, might be time for a test.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I have a great app on my ipad for tracking periods, symptoms, moods

I started using it when I came off the pill - the data is excellent and it provides a rolling forecast

recommend it
  • liview13
    liview13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ehh kind of.. Like my boyfriend went in me without a condom for literally 5 seconds then pulled out.
  • cresyluna
    cresyluna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh heck, when I got periods (I have birth control that gives me almost none now) everything threw them off. Starting new job! Finals week! Moving! Whatever! And then the stress of "omigod why hasn't my period started what could have happened whhhhhy??" would delay it even longer. Go ahead and take a cheap over the counter test, by now if that is negative you can relax and your period will probably start.
    And then consider something more reliable than "it's only for a few seconds babe."
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    So glad I had a hysterectomy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    cresyluna wrote: »
    Oh heck, when I got periods (I have birth control that gives me almost none now) everything threw them off. Starting new job! Finals week! Moving! Whatever! And then the stress of "omigod why hasn't my period started what could have happened whhhhhy??" would delay it even longer. Go ahead and take a cheap over the counter test, by now if that is negative you can relax and your period will probably start.
    And then consider something more reliable than "it's only for a few seconds babe."

Lol.

Mine is thrown off super easily too. I've always had that problem so I'm used to it. I'd agree, OP, go get a cheap test and take it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? :confused:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    liview13 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ehh kind of.. Like my boyfriend went in me without a condom for literally 5 seconds then pulled out.

You should probably stop doing that - unless you want a baby or an STI.

Anyway, yes - changes in exercise and diet can impact your period. Give it another few days, then I'd recommend testing if it doesn't show up.
  • liview13
    liview13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the replies:) I'm going to go get a test at the store tomorrow if it doesn't show up just to put my mind at ease.
  • mandyclay1982
    mandyclay1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tell that boy not to be a loner and cover that boner...... AT ALL TIMES! lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Take the test. But yes, my period will come later if I've had a whoosh in weight loss or changed up my exercise routine a bunch. Happened two months ago. But I know it's going to be late because I can feel myself ovulating late.
  • lookingtobesmall
    lookingtobesmall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use to be on time now I'm all over the place got tubes tied 3 years ago and pres menopausal did you do the test
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mine is so consistently on time, it's more reliable than the buses. Most of the time I'm regular by the hour. Literally- I'm not exaggerating. However, I've still been late by a week before. One day, two days- heck three days late isn't a worry even though I could count the times I'm that late on one hand in the last decade. Breathe. Take a test, I find they usually let you sleep a bit better if you're worried. But besides that just keep in mind bodies are awesomely weird and sometimes the wind could blow too hard and it throws you off. That's okay and normal.
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine was late for one week... stress and changing life style for more than month could delay it... Any how get a test
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    liview13 wrote: »
    Thank you for all of the replies:) I'm going to go get a test at the store tomorrow if it doesn't show up just to put my mind at ease.

Good idea

As is the wear a condom at all times advice