I know I'm impatient

Options
2»

Replies

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I found that I wasn't losing weight when I was working out and eating back my "earned" calories. I use a HRM too. I stopped working out for the most part and thus stopped eating back those calories and I'm losing again. Not that you should stop working out, but I walk a ton most days during the week, so working out isn't something I'm super concerned about right now.

Like others have already stated, weigh everything you put in your mouth and be sure that the stuff you are logging in the database is correct (usda at the end, or verified foods)

I like this website if I'm unsure: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,031 Member
    Options
    cmed24 wrote: »
    I've been doing c25k and p90x consistently for 3 weeks now, I've been logging everything I eat and sticking to my calories. I don't eat processed foods, only real stuff. Eat 90% of meals cooked at home. I do have the occasional wine. Some days I do eat the extra calories I get from working out. I have not lost a lb, I've actually gained 3lbs!? No change in measurements either.
    What gives?? Do I need a bigger deficit?

How many calories are you eating each day?

• cmed24
    cmed24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've been doing c25k and p90x consistently for 3 weeks now, I've been logging everything I eat and sticking to my calories. I don't eat processed foods, only real stuff. Eat 90% of meals cooked at home. I do have the occasional wine. Some days I do eat the extra calories I get from working out. I have not lost a lb, I've actually gained 3lbs!? No change in measurements either.

• cmed24
    cmed24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Between 1300-1600

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With a new exercise program, you can be retaining water that actually masks loss. Regardless, three weeks isn't long enough. Additionally, without weighing all of your food, you have no idea what you're intake really is.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I started c25k, I gained two pounds the first week and didn't lose them for four weeks. Be patient; your hard work will pay off
  • hollie894
    hollie894 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same when I did Insanity (I wasn't using MFP at the time).

It's horrible thinking you're killing yourself doing all these workouts and not seeing any progress, I found it really demotivating.

I ended up gaining weight too but like yourself I'm much fitter now, can run for longer etc!

It does come though, keep it up!
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    You have started with new/more exercise, so your muscles are retaining water to help with recovery. Keep doing what you are doing, it will work....

^^ this. water retention lasts around 4-6wks if you are new to exercise. just keep it up. 3wks is way too early to be seeing much results anyway.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Since according to your ticker you have only 10 pounds to lose you should try to weigh almost everything since it gets harder to lose on a deficit when it comes down to the wire. Now if you had let's say a 100 or more pounds to lose you could be more lenient with your deficit & still lose.