Wedding

Options
alyxls
alyxls Posts: 29 Member
Hi everyone, I have lost right around 90# through eating better and moving more. I've recently incorporated exercise but I'm finding that it's so hard to stay motivated. I'm getting married in September so I use that as motivation but it's also stressful. Any tips for staying on track would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone wants an accountability buddy feel free to add me!

Replies

• cassandralepandaa
    cassandralepandaa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 90 down! :)

Exercise can take a bit to get into. The best thing to do is try a variety of different workouts, routines or classes and stick with something you find enjoyable. I used to despise exercise, but later joined a group fitness class. Everyone in there were so motivating, and it was so much more fun than working out on my own. The best thing about group fitness as well in my mind is that you're surrounded by people with the same goal as you.

Another good idea is to find someone who will work out with you. If you can't get a friend to do it with you, post of a Facebook page or group looking for one? :)
  • Gmanjudo
    Gmanjudo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym every single day. Don't even do anything there. Just show up and make sure you have at least walked in the door. It takes weeks for a habit to form. You don't need to go in everyday and kill yourself with a crazy work out. Read the paper in the gym, take your morning shower there, eat a bagel in the lobby. Just go to the gym!

My fiancee and I started that way, and now I feel antsy if I haven't been to the gym that day. It slowly went from building the habit to building muscle and working out :)
  • macacialli1981
    macacialli1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I focused on using the gym as my stress relief prior to my wedding last September (whoo! 6 months married!). It was my previous me-time when no wedding thinking or planning was allowed. I thought of it as time to play and started with working with a "wellness coach" who encouraged me to find the joy and playfulness of workouts... b/c let's face it, if it doesn't bring joy in some way we just don't stick to it. At the end of the day I decided I was gonna fill out my dress, every inch and every curve. When I was up in front of all my family and friends, weight and fitness were the last thing on my mind.
    I hope you find something playful that you can enjoy. Sending hugs from one bride to another.

Melissa