Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.22.08 - 12.28.08

Options
Morning ladies! Everyone ready for Christmas? I have some baking to do and lots of presents to wrap, as well as a "project" that I've been working on that I need to finish, some house cleaning, then making Christmas dinner, and before I know it, it will be over.

How's everyone coping with this time of year? Food is everywhere. I went to two Christmas parties and a graduation party over the weekend. I'm really hoping to make it to the end of the year just maintaining the meager weight loss I have managed thus far... Who decides to do this just before Thanksgiving?

Anyone have an idea for this week's Challenge? It is Christmas, there are plenty of challenges abound!

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Everyone ready for Christmas? I have some baking to do and lots of presents to wrap, as well as a "project" that I've been working on that I need to finish, some house cleaning, then making Christmas dinner, and before I know it, it will be over.

How's everyone coping with this time of year? Food is everywhere. I went to two Christmas parties and a graduation party over the weekend. I'm really hoping to make it to the end of the year just maintaining the meager weight loss I have managed thus far... Who decides to do this just before Thanksgiving?

Anyone have an idea for this week's Challenge? It is Christmas, there are plenty of challenges abound!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning Saryann. I only have one or two more gifts to get for a couple friends. I'm trying to get back on track this week. I over indulged way too much last week. I know I haven't lost a single pound this month.

Saturday night I hung out with a new friend that I had met at a friends bday party two weekends ago. We were up till the wee hours of the morning. I didn't get to sleep in cuz I had told a friend of mine I'd go to the swap meet with her Sunday moring so I got maybe two hours sleep. :yawn:

I'm ready for Christmas only b/c I'll get a couple days off from work and maybe I'll get to rest some!

Everyone havea great day!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, well actually good afternoon.

Did not do well on eating this weekend but did not gain any. That's ok by me.

I did go work out this morning and hope to (I mean I WILL) do it again tomorrow.

I am ready for Christmas. Just not ready for all the goodies. :noway: :noway:

All have a great day!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

Yea Im ready for Christmas too. Im also ready for things to get back to normal. All this food is very stressful for me. I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs. like twice since Thanksgiving. I know it could be worse but Im ready to lose and keep losing.

Hey since it is Christmas week and we will be around all this food, how about a challenge to drink
    12 - 8 oz glasses of water everyday to keep the sodium intake from swelling us up. For me thats alot of water but it will help with the water weight and keep us maybe from eatting more than we are use too.

Merry Christmas to all :happy:
  • saryann79
    Options
    Sounds great, October - CHALLENGE TIME, everyone! For this week, we will challenge ourselves to increase our water intake. Try to get in 12 eight ounce glasses of water each day, then check in your progress the next day. So, drink away!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Good Morning....im still around, just popping in the see how everyone is doing!

I can do the water intake challenge...that sounds doable for this time of year.

I haven't even logged ANY of my food since last week. I haven't done too badly,but i know my calories arent anywhere near what is considered weightlost amount:ohwell:

how is everybody else doing with there calories?
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Im in too on the water challenge for this week!:drinker: I needed a good challenge like that to get me to step it up a bit. I was doing really well getting 16-YES 16 glasses of water in a day, well then it started slacking off and I was only getting 8.:blushing: SO, I need this challenge!:happy:
    Hi punka-Im doing pretty good with my calories lately. Yesterday I only went over by 38, which was the first time Ive went over in a while:drinker: My problem has been my sodium levels lol...Im seriously thinking of taking it off my food log diary:grumble: It depresses me to see myself going over by so much, but I try to remember that Im drinking alot of water and dont have any issues with high blood pressure or anything...but I know that I still need to cut it down a bit:blushing:
    So christmas is almost here...everyone feeling the crunch?:ohwell:
    Take care all and have a wonderful day!
    ~Roni
  • saryann79
    Options
    Hi everyone - just checking in for today. I had 10 glasses of water yesterday, so didn't quite get there. So far today, I've had seven, so I'm on my way. I still have some gifts to wrap, so I'm not quite ready for Christmas, but getting there. I'm not making cookies until Christmas day, so that they are ready when everyone gets to my house and they are gone when everyone is gone! I did make fudge last night, but I can only eat a tiny little square of that or it is too much. No risk for binging there.

I haven't been logging my food either lately. I need to be at least writing it down so I can log it online when I have time. Maybe I could jot little notes in my calendar. I use not having access to a computer, or being too busy @ work to log my food as an excuse.

Roni, I have a lot of trouble with my sodium also. I rely on TV dinners often for lunch (portion controlled, simple), and they have a lot of sodium. I also eat a lot of soup, which is full of sodium. I try to drink plenty of water to compensate, but this is a struggle for me too. Everything is packaged with added sodium.
  • punka274
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve Everybody!

Just popping in to Wish everybody a safe and happy holiday!

Talk to you guys friday...i plan on 'kinda' starting back then:tongue:

anybody else starting the Biggest Loser Challenge on the 30th?
  • saryann79
    Options
    I don't know about the Biggest Loser Challenge - tell me more! I'm with you on trying to do better after the holidays. I've got to get all of this junk food out of my house!

Merry Christmas to you all! Have a safe and happy holiday!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    saryann-I didnt do so good on the water challenge yesterday either...but girl you got closer to it than I got:laugh: I only had 6 glasses of water:frown: I just dont know why its getting so hard for me to get my water in lately. I used to drink 16 glasses a day without much of a problem:ohwell: And I dont have any soda or anything else to drink during the day. Just the water. So whats my problem?:explode:
    punka-Is that a challenge on MFP? I just might be interested in that...:wink:
    Well, Im off to cruise the other boards for a bit then get my exercise in for the day. If I dont get on it soon Im afraid it will get skipped for the day:noway: Take care everyone and have a great christmas eve!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • punka274
    Options
    Hey guys...

The biggest loser challenge starts the 30th. If you go in the 'motivation and support' threads and look for ' The biggest loser challenge' thread you will see it. Just send bohlon15 a message that you want to start on the 30th and she will tell you what team you will be in. Im in the black team!

saryann79-i too have GOT to get all this christmas junk food out of the house....my DH is starting a diet the first of januray...i know there won't be any junk food around then.

Nonibug-don't feel bad about the water challenge...i barely got 8cups in yesterday and probably 4 today:ohwell:

i hope to see you guys over on the BLC soon...i was on the last one and it was VERY helpful...like this thread,i need all the support I can get:wink::laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue:

Merry Christmas:bigsmile:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    hi everyone,
    Merry Christmas to all. I had some very fattening stuff, but the good news is that i'm still on track with my workouts:drinker: