MFP keeps changing my daily calorie goal!!!

Options
andreirotariu
andreirotariu Posts: 23 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
Im a bit frustrated and at my wits end seeing as I have sent MFP 2 support tickets/emails regarding this issue and I have not yet received a response... so please bear with me if I sound a little too forward.

Basically what first happened was that my daily calorie goal changed from 1920 to 600. I assume there was some bug that picked up my custom calorie goal from over 6 months ago when I was fasting.

However this was recently changed when I re-calibrated everything and let MFP automatically set my goal for me based on my height, weight, age, sex and weekly weight loss goal.

Because I received no response from MFP I set about trying to fix it myself. This issue was happening on both my android phone and on my desktop PC although on my PC when I would go into my goals setting and select calories I would see 1920 and yet the home screen and food screen would show me 600 whereas on my phone it was showing only 600.

So anyway I un-installed the app, logged back in and set it all back up how its supposed to be.

This worked well for a few days but again today by phone is now telling me my calorie goal is 1900 and my PC is telling me 1920. My phone is synced an all looks fine except for this.

My second issue is where it says "lost" under my profile image in the home tab it basically says zero. I have figured out that this is because When I first started using MFP some years ago I weighed less than I currently do. However the annoying thing is that I have not used MFP in over six months and I have in fact lost weight since logging back in for the first time 8 days ago. So its a little de-motivating when MFP is telling you taht you have not lost any weight when in fact you have. Why cant MFP take into consideration if you have not used the app in a while and would like to start from the start so to speak? or maybe have an option where if you have not logged in, in over 30 days that it asks if you would like to start calculating your weight loss from today instead of from the first time you began using the app?

Someone please help because its doing my head in.

And on top of all this I just attempted to post this in the technical support/need help forum section and was told I do not have permission ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks

Replies

• spatty_harris
    spatty_harris Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I would suspect the reason that the "Lost" does not reset when you don't log in for a certain amount of time is due to the fact that you still have to be accountable for the weight you lose or gain, regardless of it you tracked your calories in an app.

If its that much of a problem for you, jsut create a new account.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Go in and change your starting weight if you want your losses to show. The app doesn't care if you took a break.
  • andreirotariu
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Go in and change your starting weight if you want your losses to show. The app doesn't care if you took a break.

Hi Ready2Rock2... where do I change my starting weight? I cant find this in the settings or goals pages...
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go to Home then Check in. Select weight. At the bottom of the page is a button to edit previous entries. Select that. You will see a place to change starting weight and date. I had the same problem when I started over.
  • andreirotariu
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks DrPepper000, but that doesn't work in terms of making my 'weighloss' calculation work. All that does is update your weight however because I first started MFP some years ago, its looking at my weight/weightloss and deducing I have not lost any weight because when I first logged in some years ago I was lighter than what I am now.

Again, I think MFP need to look at this otherwise it is just demotivating for people and it is also not logical in the sense that I would have only ever gained weight the further back in time you look, lol.

Update, I just received an email from MFP. They are having some technical difficulties and bugs which they say should be resolved in the next update that they say are causing MFP to change peoples daily calorie goal.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Use alternate c below to change your starting date/weight, but keep your historical data, if so desired.
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • andreirotariu
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Use alternate c below to change your starting date/weight, but keep your historical data, if so desired.
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.
    Yaaaaay!!!! This worked!

Thanks a bunch CyberTone.

Can't believe MFP support didn't just tell me this in the beginning.
  • Leolesley
    Leolesley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does any one know if they fixed the bug. I am having the same issues brought up by my dietician, who monitors my diary. I should be around 1420 and today it is 1900..
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaay!!!! This worked!

Thanks a bunch CyberTone.

Can't believe MFP support didn't just tell me this in the beginning.

Do you believe MFP wouldn't tell you? or didn't know what to tell you? I believe the latter. Thankfully, CyberTone is carrying a ton of MFP's burden.