Help

Options
I am half way through 12 week nutrimed diet And I'm not getting the results I had hoped for. I'm down 21 pounds but I still have 40 to go. Any ideas on how to speed things up. I'm following the diet to a T and exercising like crazy getting 1.6 pounds a week is very discouraging. I'm ready to quit and have a martini. Help!

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1.6 pounds off a week is a healthy amount to lose. I know you must be frustrated, and you just want the weight gone, but remember you didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight. On the bright side though, the more gradually you lose weight, the easier it is to keep it off forever!

Stick at it!!
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I know it feels like you want to be there already. But all it takes is time and patience! The time will pass whether or not you're doing something to improve yourself, so you might as well stick at it :) If you are exercising like crazy, you're probably also building muscle, not just losing fat. So the weight loss might not be so apparent on the scale, but should start to show on the measuring tape.
    Remember, if you lose weight very fast, you will be facing issues like sagging skin. So slower IS actually better in the long run to let your body fully adjust to it.

Don't quit! You'd just hate to start again some day :)
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Because of many health issues my weight loss is really really slow. But my friend is losing weight really quickly. She is starting to look a little wrinkly here and there but I haven't. We have lost the same amount of weight, I just started after her.