14 pounds so far, only 86 to go.

Options
I have pcos and weight has always been an issue for me. But I'm finally taking charge and I've managed to lose 14 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm no where close to where I want to be, but I'm getting there by watching my calories, sugars and carbs as well as working out 5-6 days a week. I've been doing cardio, strength training and yoga. I need all the support I can get, I'm tired of being fat.

Replies

• Katsville
    Katsville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there, you are doing great - 14lbs! I have 90 to lose, lost 6lbs so have 84 to go. Don't know much about pcos - hormone imbalance? - but I have thyroid problems myself and am on meds that slow down all systems. I'm also eating healthy trying to stick to 1500 cals a day and doing walks and tennis most days. We can do it!
  • caitlinwalther
    caitlinwalther Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    14 pounds so far is awesome! My best friend has PCOS and i've watched her go through the ups and downs of it through the years. I want to offer you a little encouragement by saying she has had amazing success in managing her symptoms and weight through a clean eating and a supplement/vitamin program she worked up with her doctor! Best luck to you!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and weight has always been an issue for me. But I'm finally taking charge and I've managed to lose 14 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm no where close to where I want to be, but I'm getting there by watching my calories, sugars and carbs as well as working out 5-6 days a week. I've been doing cardio, strength training and yoga. I need all the support I can get, I'm tired of being fat.

Excellent work - you've so got this! You only need to do that 6 more times and you'll have reached your goal scale weight

Although you should expect a slow-down because that's quite a high rate of loss and will be impacted by initial water weight due to change in your diet

keep on going

(I wouldn't worry about sugars tbh)
  • scotchmist71
    scotchmist71 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hiya
  • sandrabairez
    sandrabairez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing keep it up!!!
  • Mel_t_away
    Mel_t_away Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've got pcos too so understand how hard it is and sometimes unmotivating to work so hard and loose half a pound. But I've been on here since Christmas and have lost 39lbs. Got about 60 to go. But it is possible just log everything. The only advice I can if u ever have a bad day log it all as it shows you that maybe it's not as bad as you thought. Good luck on your journey x oh yeah and drink that water!!!
  • MadMc28
    MadMc28 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girl!! 14 lbs is something to be proud of!!
  • emilator76
    emilator76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great job! i have lost 11 and have 49 more to go. we've totally got this!