Best way to stop eating ever!

Options
blobby10
blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Having over eaten drastically over the past few weeks due to excessive stress in my life (moving house, death of grandma and marriage breakdown!) Ive found a way to stop eating! I now have tonsillitis and for the past 5 days have got by on way under my calorie goal! Even last night, kids offered me Cadbury Giant Buttons and I couldn't face more than 1 - normally I would have the whole pack.

ps this is a jokey tongue in cheek post and I am not recommending tonsillitis as a sensible and healthy way to lose weight!!! ;)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LOL, I don't know what your take up rate will be like as a diet program, but feel better soon!

And sorry for the rough few weeks :(
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    That doesn't work for me. It just causes me to eat more ice cream.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Tonsillitis = weight gain from milk shakes, milk shakes, mils shakes and more milk shakes..
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think I will have to try this!

I'm currently on 2 diets: The "My SSRI dosage was just increased and I'm too nauseous to eat" diet, and the "I'm behind on my rent and can't afford groceries anyway" diet.

:trollface:
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :D He, he! Hope things improve for you blobby 10 :) Lately the week before pay day is when my cupboards and fridge start to look bare, so I end up on a "rice with anything edible (& within my daily calorie limit of course) diet. :#
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That doesn't work for me. It just causes me to eat more ice cream.
    took the words out of my mouth
  • blobby10
    Options
    Lol - I have had ice cream :D lots of it! but little else apart from salad or soup so well within my calorie limit!

Loving all these alternative diets btw :D:D:D xx

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the "my stomach is trying to escape my body and kill me diet."
    Works like a charm, but it's a bit restrictive- you're only allowed jello, Gatorade, and saltines, or you die. I mean, at least, that's what it feels like.

Sorry about all the troubles, blobby10, feel better soon!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The best effortless weight loss diet I ever did was the Generalized Anxiety Phobic Panic Disorder Diet. I lost 25 pounds without trying, and when I did eat, I choked down only the healthiest foods so I wouldn't get sick.

It isn't very sustainable though. I told my husband I would gladly gain 100 pounds overnight if I could just stop feeling terrified all the time. So I got help, shed the anxiety disorder and gained 50 pounds.

Be careful what you wish for!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon! My go to stop eating is to keep my mouth closed.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon! For me, Two weeks with the flu was the best. diet. evah! Felt like total crap though, and never want to do it again. Barely managed about 600 calories a day.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ea7f7f00ce20155589e161dbc45782b6.jpg
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "I refuse to go up a pants size" diet. Whenever my jeans starts to feel too tight I go in crisis mode. In the winter it is more challenging as I usually wear thermals under my jeans.
  • blobby10
    Options

Great film - slightly unsettling quote, even when taken in context!!!
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    blobby10 wrote: »

Great film - slightly unsettling quote, even when taken in context!!!

It just always pops into my head when anyone says anything about losing weight when they're ill. Cracks me up! (I have a rather macabre sense of humour clearly...)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I've had great results from the Gastroenteritis Diet!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Death?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    blobby10 wrote: »

ps this is a jokey tongue in cheek post and I am not recommending tonsillitis as a sensible and healthy way to lose weight!!! ;)

WHAT? I was about to call my doc and force him to schedule surgery! HOW RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! lolololol

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I once went on the "Have your wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthetic diet" and lost 11 pounds in two weeks. But like all fad diets it is unsustainable in the long term, however I do have to have another tooth removed soon so...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I once went on the "Have your wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthetic diet" and lost 11 pounds in two weeks. But like all fad diets it is unsustainable in the long term, however I do have to have another tooth removed soon so...

oh! I COULD CALL MY DENTIST! surely something needs to come out of my body SOMEWHERE (besides the obvious fat...)

oh shoot.... LIPO!