Bread & Cals

Options
Hi All,

I love bread so does it matter how much I have per day so long as I keep within my calorie goal?

Also, MFP has recommended 1900 calories per day. I am 118kg, 5ft 11. Would you this is enough or too much?

Thank you for your help.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend eating 1900 calories in bread, but yeah, even if you did do that, you would lose weight.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MFP has recommended 1900 + exercise calories per day not just 1900. The rate of weight loss you select has a huge bearing on your calorie allowance.

Think of your overall diet and not just individual components of your diet. You can have a good, nutritious diet (noun) including or excluding bread. If you are eating so much bread that you can't fit in enough veggies, fruit or protein for a balanced diet then it could be a problem.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I agree with TimothyFish.

As for your 1900 goal, that looks reasonable as your base calories. Eat that plus your exercise calories. Some people find that the exercise calories on mfp are overstated but that varies by individual. I recommend eating a set portion (50/75/100%) and then evaluate after 4 weeks whether or not your weight loss appears to be on track. Keep in mind that you may lose several pounds of water weight when you first start and then your loss rate will decrease.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nope doesn't matter at all. Just stay in your calories.

As for the recommendation yes it's fine (depending on how much you want to lose a week) as long as you understand any exercise you do results in a bigger deficit and you should be eating back at least 50% of them...as a guy probably more.
  • Jimster1981
    Jimster1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for all your replies. The reason I asked about bread is because I normally have it for lunch and sometimes I have toast in the evening, and didn't want to overdo it if it'd interfere with my weight loss. I do eat veggies and fruit to make up my calories so all is good there.

I had to change my diary settings so my calories were upped to 1900 as anything below that makes me feel rubbish.

Thanks again.