Morning workouts

Options
Hi there!

I was wondering if I can get some feedback from all the early risers out there. What's the best way to motivate yourself to wake up early and exercise.

I set my alarm 1 hr early everyday hoping to run on the treadmill 1st thing in the morning. I always snooze it! In my mind I'm aware that I should get up and go. However, my body is another story.

Help!

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier to make up for the "lost" sleep in the morning.
    Set out your clothes the night before so you can roll out of bed and put them on.
    Just do it. If you start doing it, it will become a habit you won't want to miss.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Set yourself your things out & just jump to it. It will soon just become normal I work at 7am so I'm up at 4 to excercise
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    put your alarm on the other side of the room. Sometimes once you are out of bed it makes a difference
  • kansasgrl1500
    kansasgrl1500 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out early, I put the alarm clock on the other side of the room. That way I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Once I was up then I felt I didn't have an excuse to go workout.
  • aibel2015
    aibel2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks everyone! I will put these to use!

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I also put my alarm in a spot that forces me to get up to turn it off.
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I second everything said already for getting yourself up and going with an early morning workout. I will add that you also just need to continually tell yourself to just do it. If you say that right away when your alarm goes of and start getting ready and moving before you have a chance to think otherwise you will not be as inclined to get back in the bed.

I get up around 5:00 am on workout days as I know I am most consistent in getting a workout in if I do it then compared to in the evening. There are definitely days when I don't feel like getting up but a motivational factor that also helps me is knowing that I am getting the workout done right away. I then have the rest of the day to do whatever I need or want to do without having to factor workout time into the schedule.

Once you can get yourself into a pattern of doing this you will find that your body is not nearly as resistant to the idea as it may be right now.

You can do it!