PCOS

Options
I've been struggling with weight loss my whole life I over eat & sometimes I get out of control & I want to stop, I've been diagnosed with PCOS it makes it hard to conceive I am always thinking about food or my weight I need some help I don't know what to do a lot of my family think that i am dramatic but, they don't understand how painful this is & how serious this is for me.

Replies

• sierraminneryahoocom9
    Options
    I've been struggling with weight loss my whole life I over eat & sometimes I get out of control & I want to stop, I've been diagnosed with PCOS it makes it hard to conceive I am always thinking about food or my weight I need some help I don't know what to do a lot of my family think that i am dramatic but, they don't understand how painful this is & how serious this is for me.

• usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ill add you, feel free to msg me
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS. A lower carbohydrate diet helped me tremendously in controlling my insulin levels. Feel free to message me.
  • likaakah
    likaakah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have struggled with my weight my whole life. I got all the way to 304lbs when I decided to do something about it. I started with making healthy swaps like whole grains instead of white rice, pastas or breads and water instead of soda. I tried also getting snack bags and portioning out healthy snacks like seeds and nuts with dried fruits. But the thing that worked for me was counting calories. It's a pain in the butt to measure and portion all your meals but it did help me drop 71lbs. I'll add you and feel free to ask me anything. Good luck on your journey!
  • FoundxFocus
    FoundxFocus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. It can make things difficult. Sometimes it seems like the scale is never gonna budge. I know that it's hard when family doesn't understand. In the end, you have to make sure that you're making the right choices for you. Work on getting yourself happy and healthy, then worry about possible infertility problems when you get to them.
  • Sparks_wife2013
    Sparks_wife2013 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well feel free to add me
  • amanirae
    amanirae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS
    I've sent a friend request.. Please accept.. X
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Woo Woo PCOS. There are a couple of amazing support groups on MFP, OP. Look into joining those. Also, feel free to add me. I've been fortunate in that I don't have to eliminate anything from my diet and I've been able to see steady and relatively consistent weight loss. I'm just waiting for the day I give up taking bread and rice to my face. :neutral:
  • shenicahenderson
    shenicahenderson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have it to I dont eat alot but I have been eating right and exercersing and not loosing weight
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request, please accept.