working out before bed....can it work?

Options
Amanda82691
Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey there everyone! So I have always been told working out before bed is a no no. But can it be done? Or does it really wake you up like they say it does? And I mean like let's work out and be asleep in an hour or less

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    depends on personal preference.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always work out before bed...I sleep pretty well
  • danicristina2015
    danicristina2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually get back home from the gym at 10:30-11pm because that's the only time when I can go. I actually sleep better at night and managed to lose 9lbs in a month :)
  • ImVeryAngryItsNotButter
    Options
    Try it and find out. Personally I find that exercise right before bed keeps me up late which is why I prefer to do it immediately before or after work.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't work for me because I'm a sweaty pig and it doesn't stop for awhile after my workout is done. For normal people though, I think it just depends on whether it interferes with your sleep, which you won't know until you try.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    The only late night exercise that sometimes keeps me up are full on competitive soccer games. The endorphins take quite awhile to go away. I find till I drive home and get a nice hot soak in the tub and eat a little bit of something I can hit the pillow and pass out pretty fast though.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    That's the only time I CAN work out....works fine for me!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I had been working out from 8 - 9:30 every night and had been sleeping well and feeling great the next day....until this week when I started working out at 5am. And I'm finding I'm MORE tired during the day when I workout at 5am. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment to time kind of thing because this being tired all day is NOT working for me. I'm wondering if my body just likes the evenings better for exercise.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Due to my schedule I have to workout at night. I am typically so beat after that I eat, take a shower and go to bed. It worked for me and has for 1 1/2 years now. I think it is more of a personal preference. Just try it out and see.