Chicken spinach hummus bowls!

Options
KatieMusselwhite92113
KatieMusselwhite92113 Posts: 98 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
This is my own adaptation of Panera's power chicken hummus bowl (addicting, but not cheap!)

Makes 8 bowls:

1- 16 oz bag of spinach
1 (30g) container Athenos roasted red pepper hummus (or your chosen brand/flavor)
2 cucumbers
1 red onion
2 small tomatoes
1 rotisserie chicken (mine was 24 oz, from the deli at the grocery store)

1.Divide your spinach up between the bowls (I made 8)
2. Slice the cucumbers (peel on), slice the red onion into thin slices, and dice the tomatoes
3. Carve the rotisserie chicken (I only use the white meat, wound up with roughly 2oz chicken per bowl)
4. Arrange and enjoy :)

As I prepared these, they are each 282 calories, 16 grams of fat, 18 grams carbs, 6 grams of fiber, 19 grams of protein.... and insanely good! Now I have lunches for work all week, and I think I'll even share with coworkers :)

7ecmjg23tfzk.jpg
hp8m8ugmv9wy.jpg

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yum! They look really easy and delicious. Thank you!
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • eloise80
    eloise80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've never prepped lunches for so many days in a row before. Do you find that the last 2-3 days the lunches still taste as fresh?

Looks yummy thanks for posting!
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    eloise80 wrote: »
    I've never prepped lunches for so many days in a row before. Do you find that the last 2-3 days the lunches still taste as fresh?

Looks yummy thanks for posting!

I definitely have had good experienced with doing it up to 5 days ahead, it just depends what you are making! For things like this (salads and such), a little lemon juice can help keep it fresh and non-wilted.
  • dklibert
    Options
    I made one bowl last night. It was so good! I used jalapeno hummus and a squeeze of lemon. I see making this often. Thanks again for the idea and recipe.
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I made one bowl last night. It was so good! I used jalapeno hummus and a squeeze of lemon. I see making this often. Thanks again for the idea and recipe.

I love the jalapeno hummus idea!! Yumm! :)
  • kayleereade
    kayleereade Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow awesome Idea! I love hummus, I will be trying this for sure :)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    YUMMO!
  • jjkoba81
    jjkoba81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this for lunch next week!
  • dklibert
    Options
    I have made two more bowls since my last post. One with deli turkey and one with tuna. Still love this meal. All three have been delicious! Thanks again!