Is there a MFP Hula Hoop group?

Options
I am new to this thing and Hula hoop groups don't come up when o search, only people who have said things in discussions and comments. When I change the settings to only show group results nothing shows up. I'm probably not searching the right words. :/

So if there is one I'd love to join!
But if not... Would any MFP Hula Hoopers be interested in joining and creating a hoop group?

Replies

• srfedrigo
    srfedrigo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    gmu3z12iqjca.jpg
  • srfedrigo
    Options
    yfm076wqnuja.jpg

I made this for my own hoop workouts but I like to share!
  • mhesselein
    mhesselein Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, too, so I am not ready to start a group (though I would join one). You might try leaving out "Hula" because Hula Hoop is a trademarked name. I think people who are into to it call it hooping or hoop dancing.

Love your work out -- Ima gonna give it a try (just need some mini hoops).
  • glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    srfedrigo wrote: »
    yfm076wqnuja.jpg

I made this for my own hoop workouts but I like to share!

Ahhh thank you for sharing! I'm so gonna do this. My hoop is so heavy I love it!!
  • srfedrigo
    Options
    Yea everyone calls it hooping... But I like to add hula because "hooping" can refer to either hula hooping or basketball.
    But the word Hula Hoop isn't actually trademarked. No one company can own the word hula hoop. Whamo tried and failed.

I have been hooping for 4 years and I am certified to teach kids. :) it's a great exercise. To get the best out of your workout I'd suggest getting a hula hoop made out of HDPE tubing. And depending on your height choose what size in diameter you want. I started with a 36" hula hoop. The super heavy weighted ones can actually be bad for your organs. Plus, you can do more moving around and get a better workout with one that's slightly lighter.

I'm still hunting for a hoop group on here. But if I don't find one I'm definitely making one!
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd join!
  • ArtsyActive1401
    ArtsyActive1401 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'd join, or add me as a friend! I hoop for about 45 minutes a day.... Love it! ;)
  • Jody1258
    Jody1258 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd join also!!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    There is a group......not active right now, but maybe you start something :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/2763-hooping