365 Days on MFP – From Morbid Obesity to Half Marathons…

Options

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for the inspiration, and great to see what success looks like from another tall girl (I'm almost 6'2") :smile:
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you again for the kind words. I am happy to share my story.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. Thank you for renewing my vigour to loose the excess 19 kg that I'm still carrying :)
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOWZA!!!! Amazing job :)
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I love your NSV's. You look amazing. Congrats. :smiley:
  • KarenBruck
    KarenBruck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is fantastic and so inspiring. You look amazing! Thanks so much for posting :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Omgosh you are so tiny now! I started to cry :'( I am so proud of you! You are a inspiration!
  • trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @AShannon54 : this is one of the most impressive transformations I have ever seen! Congratulations to you on all of your hard work paying off in big ways!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look incredible and that's such a great story! So happy for you :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've worked hard to and it's paid off in so many ways! What an inspiring story, so glad you shared it with us all :)
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Great job!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So, so inspiring. You look amazing.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The only way that I could tell that it was you in the first and then final picture is that your smile hasn't changed, except that it looks way happier. Your success is phenomenal and a true inspiration for the 1000s of people who say "this can't be done" or "it's too hard" or "it's not my fault I have bad genes". Excellent work and good luck with maintaining it for a lifetime.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Your starting height, weight, and age are close to mine, so this gives me real hope.
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You've done such an amazing job! It's stories like this that keep me going on the rough days, so thank you!
  • K8T80
    K8T80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are healthy and happy now, but you were beautiful before the weight loss too. Not to sound creepy, but you have one of those smiles. :smile:
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am very glad to be an inspiration to others! I get nervous when I post something but I wanted to share my story. There were times when other's Success Stories kept me positive, so I wanted to hopefully pay it forward to someone else.

I am not perfect or better than anyone else. I will still struggle with my own image and foolishly compare myself against others who I think are better than me. I am still just a normal person with my own insecurities. I will never have the perfect tight skin you see in the magazines but the stretch marks are slowly fading and my skin actually bounced back far better than I imagined it would. I will probably always have a little bit of loose belly skin but that is alright. I might never wear a bikini again but I don't feel horrified to be seen in a one-piece anymore!

I am super encouraged by all your kind words. At times the whole thing seems surreal to me. My before pictures are literately only from 1-3 years. I still bump into old friends from time to time and they seriously don't know who I am. Sometimes I wonder if they think my husband got re-married or something (which always makes me laugh when I think about it!)

Oh and one last thing... you wouldn't imagine how many people ask or assume I had some type of weight loss surgery. They always want some magic answer on 'how did you do it?'. Everyone always seems so disappointed when I say, "I watched my food intake, cleaned up what I was consuming and started working out". The real magic is unwavering dedication and the ability to understand that short-term gratification will not outweigh long-term results. :)

• ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, this is very inspirational!
  • TheJenProject
    TheJenProject Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow this has really encouraged me to keep going for my runs! Running is the one exercise I enjoy doing and I don`t jog as often as I like!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!