Brides (and others) let's stick together!

Options
LiziBean
LiziBean Posts: 5 Member
Hello! I'm getting married in September and I'm determined to look and feel good on the big day!

Add me if you're a soon to be bride or just looking for a little motivation to lose weight and get fit!

Let's stick together and look forward to a happier, healthier future! x :)

Replies

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to share support. I'm not a bride, but a MOB. My girl is getting married in October and I'm determined to be a hot, sassy Mama. LOL.

What are your goals? I'd like to lose 52 pounds and have lost 19 so far. :)

Regards,
    Jayne
  • LiziBean
    Options
    Hi Jayne

How exciting!

I'm looking to lose about 14lbs, eat cleaner, find new recipes and have a regular exercise plan. I'm not great at keeping myself motivated so could use the support.
  • LiziBean
    Options
    Opps, hit send a little early there. Congrats on the weight loss Jayne, add me and we can support each other to make sure we both feel gorgeous at the weddings! x
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Thanks, LIz! I sent you a friend request. :)
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August :) I gained a bunch of weight over the winter slacking off and not moving enough. Looking forward to getting back to the shape I was in and feeling amazing on my big day!
  • donnabench
    donnabench Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going to be one of the girls in my friends bridal party so l know where ur coming from! I just ate a whole bunch of chocolates....so l am not doing so well...help!!
  • jennfindley
    jennfindley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not a bride but will be a maid of honor June of next year. My goal is to lose around 60 lbs so I have a tough journey ahead and am looking for support. Would love a group to travel down this path with me.
  • diagirl0808
    diagirl0808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be getting married in 2017!! Looking to drop 40 lbs before the wedding and stay in shape.
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    We're getting quite a group here. I'm curious what everyone's doing to lose weight and get healthier. I'm on Nutrisystem, and I'm really pleased with the progress I'm making. I'm exercising six days a week. I had total knee replacement surgery February 25 (which is actually my daugther's (the bride) birthday. Because of the knee replacement, I'm still recovering, but able to walk a mile to three miles a day (even walking a 5K next weekend!) and I also do some of the activities on Wii Fit Plus. What are you doing? :)
  • LiziBean
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you're having a lovely day! Jayne, I'm kicking off my exercise programme today with some swimming and I also really enjoy walking so need to find a pedometer I can link to fitness pal. That way I can keep track of my steps. 5K is impressive, especially with a knee replacement! I'd forgotten about using the wii fit. Mine is gathering dust somewhere but I'll get it all connected tonight - that's a fun way to burn some calories! Have a lovely day ladies. Let's stick together and be the most glamorous wedding party ever! xx
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Liz, good for you! Sending some energy your way! :)

I have fitbit One and I love it. I'm on an 8-day streak of meeting my 10,000-steps goal. It's so motivating! It helps that I'm in a challenge to walk at least mile a day in May. A mile is around 2000 to 2500 steps, depending on your stride length. Plus, I have two dogs who I take for a couple short walks every day.

As of this morning, I'm down 19.6 pounds. Hoping to hit the 20-pound mark this week-end!
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My wedding is October 17th. I am looking to loose about 15lbs! I am logging food and exercising 5x a week which includes 30 mins cardio and 40-45 mins weight training. Just started MFP 4 days ago, feel free to add me
  • heidiween
    heidiween Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.
    I'm bridesmaid for my best friend next year. Really want to look good in my dress instead of feeling self conscious, I'm looking to loose about 30 lbs been on here for a month and doing well. spending a lot of time swimming and cutting down on what I eat. Would be good to have some motivation tho. Feel free to add me.