Who else has/needs to lose 100+ lbs?

Options
HDub3459
HDub3459 Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am hoping to lose 100+ lbs and I am just starting my journey. I am hoping to find some friends who are in the same boat. I feel like exercize and nutrition can be different for those of us that have to lose a significant amount. I am just starting my journey so I would love to hear from you/ become friends for motivation.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    totally doable. weigh everything, log everything. read everything (ignore most). be kind and forgiving towards yourself.
  • HDub3459
    Options
    Thanks Besaro!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am 98 lbs down and counting.... The best advice I have is to find out what works for you and stick to it. Start slowly on exercise and work your way up. Don't cut calories drastically. Make small changes to your lifestyle you can live with.

I have two simple guidelines each morning - exercise 30 minutes, stay under my calorie goal. I know if I can do those two things I will succeed. I had to work my way to be able to exercise 30 minutes, and a I have gone beyond that. Most days I exercise 60+ minutes, but I consider anything more than 30 minutes a bonus. I have no forbidden foods as long as I stay within my calorie goal, I will eat it. Of course that means most days are healthy stuff, but a piece of pizza or cake every now and then also fit in my plan.

Focus on smaller goals. It can be daunting to think of the total amount or how long it might take. Just focus on today.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've so totally let myself go over the years. I will be 51 this year and really want to get in shape and lose this weight so I can enjoy playing with the grandchildren. The hardest part (well, actually it's ALL hard), but getting moving and getting some exercise in is really difficult. I have a desk job so I'm sitting all day and when I get home I'm tired and don't feel like doing much. I'm not a morning person so getting up even earlier is out of the question. I'm just going to have to muster up the motivation to make myself do some sort of exercise in the evenings when I get home. I would love some friends in the same boat!
  • Terrappyn1
    Terrappyn1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 85 pound range but should be at the 100. Feel free to add me. I'm re-starting. :)
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly! I'm doing 100 too, and not going to stop until it's done!
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add some friends in the same boat! I'm 34 and want to lose 120lbs. It's daunting, but we can do it!! Please feel free to add me!
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Kathy and I to am looking to loose 100+ and have been doing this website for about 2 weeks and I am down 7lbs since I started. I am also looking for friends so feel free to add me :)
  • HDub3459
    Options
    Awesome to know we aren't alone! :)
  • holliedusteeeze
    holliedusteeeze Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi holly i feel we should be friends as we have the same name and are on a life change weight loss and we can do this... ive sent u a request stay strong good luck and we are all in the same boat...
  • SusanCornelius2015
    SusanCornelius2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 pounds to lose. I'm 57 years old and after losing 14 lbs on another plan found out I would never be able to keep that up long term. I have lost 6 lbs using MFP in 28 days and love it. I'm a slow loser but that's okay.
  • KP112423
    KP112423 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 80 lbs....and we can all use more buddies along the way...add me if you'd like
  • HDub3459
    Options
    this is great! :)
  • foggymirrors
    foggymirrors Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Meeee!
  • olgatarasova923
    olgatarasova923 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I on the road to lose 120 lbs. Feel free to add me as we all need support and dedication.
  • tlleopold13
    tlleopold13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started last week and am working on losing 150+ lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • chalice695
    chalice695 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm also trying to lose 100 lbs. feel free to add me as well. I just started today on my new goal so I would love any advice or tips for whats working for everybody else