What are some starter youtube videos for exercise?

Options
bbontheb
bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
I'm very out of shape, overweight (5'2/202 lbs) and I have anxiety about going to gyms (and other places). I have done a few youtube videos of 30 mins of Zumba. It's discouraging when something seemingly easy kicks your *kitten* but it really has affected my mood. I am smiling after and feel so much better.

Can anyone recommend any videos I could pull up on youtube to try out? Can even be tai chi or yoga. I get bored easy but would like to try new things and even if not breaking hardcore sweat-I want to make changes to my life and be more about "movement" all around.

Any ideas would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• hkmcvaugh
    hkmcvaugh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Search Chris Powell workout. Start with level 1 and when it gets easy, go to level 2. It is very manageable but also gives you a very good workout on your whole body. It's my go to at the moment.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Check out JessicaSmith.com (she also has a youtube channel but I think there are more of the 'beginner' type videos on her site). She has a bunch of walking videos which will be a great place to start. She also does dance stuff, toning/strength workouts, core workouts etc etc. She's a great instructor and really offers options for every level and interest. Love her. Also love your attitude :)
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Also try Daniel Bartlett, founder of The Body Project. He has a range of YouTube videos, from beginner to advanced. Also FitnessBlender. They are great, too!