Heavy duty yard work

Options
So instead of doing my regualr workout yesterday, we made a new 5x20-25 foot flower bed. So that means lots of shoveling, throwing sod in and out of a truck and jumping on shovels :) We also went to Lowe's for flowers and planted a tree!

So I guess I'm just wondering how to track that in to my exercise log for yesterday. I kow I burned a ton of calories, but "yard work" is not a work out option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is under gardening
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There is gardening in the database.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Maybe "gardening" or "raking"?
  • susancarmichael
    Options
    I keyed in "gardening" and received 303 calories for 1 hrs work. I really worked 2 but didn't feel that 606 calories burned was right. It's a bit of guess work.
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually use my heart rate monitor for heavy yardwork such as shoveling, digging and what not. If you have one, you should try and use that, if not, use the shoveling snow option in the exercise drop down options. That is probably the closest you're going to get to what you're doing. Good luck! :-)
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks guys! Tha helped a lot! We worked for 4-5 hours and they calorie burn was massive. I don't feel so bad for what we had for dinner last night now!