Having a hard time after baby #2

I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around since having baby #2. I lost 121lbs after I had my first son (it took me 3 years) and he is 5 years old now but it just seemed like it wasn't such a struggle. Yes, I had hard days and rough patches but this time around is 100000 times harder for some reason! I know the tools and I am very determined. I already have lost 30lbs (I am 5 months pp) and have 25lbs more to lose. I work out 5 days a week and track my food intake but it just seems that my body wants to stay at the same weight/size anymore. Ugh...

Has anyone else had felt this way or experiencing the same thing? I just feel a little hopeless :(

Replies

• babybrooksmom
    babybrooksmom Posts: 4 Member
    I know exactly what you mean! With my first, I dropped the weight pretty fast and dropped another 40 lbs. (I mostly did ww) this time around it has been a lot harder. My lo is now a year old and I still have 20 lbs of baby weight I need gone. it was really hard to get motivated after baby #2. It just seemed so easy the first time around. But I know we can do it!!! Good luck with everything.
  • laceygirl2318
    laceygirl2318 Posts: 12 Member
    It's definitely easier when you're younger, after the 1st baby....versus being older with a second (or in my case, 5th, that did me in lol). I've dropped weight with a little effort within 7-8 months after every baby except this last one til now. You just have to find what works and keep at it. Maybe adjust your calorie intake, switch up your exercise routine, etc. As I've gotten older I've realized that I don't need nearly as many calories to maintain as I used to, let alone lose. Don't give up mama! :-)
    3377099.png
  • mammabailey
    mammabailey Posts: 2 Member
    I just saw your message board. I lost 115 pounds over the course of 6 years. I was at my lowest on the day of my wedding. We got pregnant a few months later and I gained 50 pounds. I lost 20. Then we got pregnant again very soon. I gained 30 and lost 10. So I am still 50 pounds overweight. I have so little motivation. I know I need to do this but I just can't figure it out! I have such a hectic work schedule and we only have a part time babysitter but I work full time. So many nights I go back to work when my husband gets home. How do we do this with two little ones? AHHHH
  • mammabailey
    mammabailey Posts: 2 Member
    Laceygirl: how do you get your ticker to show up each time without having to copy the code each time?
    63175673.png