Does anyone know why? (SF jello calorie differences)

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
The great value (Walmart) sugar free peach jello is less calories than the strawberry? A serving 1/2 cup of the peach (SF) jello is 5 calories, whereas the (SF) Strawberry is 10 calories.

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Ask Wal-Mart. It's likely just the amount of other additives they need to use to make the strawberry taste good as compared to the peach.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Different ingredients would seem the most likely answer.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    The calories come from the protein content. The lower calorie ones among the sugar free probably require less gelatin to water ratio in order to set.

Times the protein content by 4. (4 calories/gram)
  • uvi5
    Options
    Gtk :smiley: It's such a small amount of calories, but I am always curious to ask in case someone knows. Like my question about microwave popcorn yesterday :smiley: Thanks all!
  • uvi5
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Different ingredients would seem the most likely answer.

makes sense :smile:
  • uvi5
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Ask Wal-Mart. It's likely just the amount of other additives they need to use to make the strawberry taste good as compared to the peach.

could be, but won't ask walmart (lol) can barely get the attention of someone to show me where anything is. I could imagine trying to get someone to explain calorie differences :tongue: But other additives to make the strawberry taste better does make sense, kinda.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's a good question, I have the sugar free strawberry jello from walmart and will be making it roday. Did you do a simple comparison by reading the ingredient list on both flavors? Usually you'll find the differences in the ingredient list, hence the reason for more calories. Enjoy either way auch a low cal item, maybe even with a little fruit.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well, a serving of peaches, and a servin of strawberries won't be the same calories.

It's because different things have different calories, I'd day.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Idk but I love me jelly (jello) so good and the hartleys apple and watermelon 9 calorie a pot even better :)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Funny you ask this because i always make the Great Value sugar fee Peach Jello just because its 20 calories less than the other sugar free flavors. I eat one pretty much everyday.
  • uvi5
    Options
    sexysize12 wrote: »
    It's a good question, I have the sugar free strawberry jello from walmart and will be making it roday. Did you do a simple comparison by reading the ingredient list on both flavors? Usually you'll find the differences in the ingredient list, hence the reason for more calories. Enjoy either way auch a low cal item, maybe even with a little fruit.

no i did not do a compaison. that's a good idea! i'm enjoying it now with a chobani yogurt (typing w/ 1 hand :lol: ) w/ fruit is awesome
  • uvi5
    Options
    Well, a serving of peaches, and a servin of strawberries won't be the same calories.

It's because different things have different calories, I'd day.

makes sense :smile:
  • uvi5
    Options
    Chewitz wrote: »
    Idk but I love me jelly (jello) so good and the hartleys apple and watermelon 9 calorie a pot even better :)

never heard of this brand. sounds delish
  • uvi5
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    Funny you ask this because i always make the Great Value sugar fee Peach Jello just because its 20 calories less than the other sugar free flavors. I eat one pretty much everyday.

i gave my hubby the strawberry and i'm having the peach :smiley:
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I make Jell-o brand ($1.08 per box for 8 / .5 cup servings) but yea, if too much jello could give a person cancer...I am *kitten* gonna die.