Quest Bars

Options
2»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Taste is subjective. I haven't found one that I liked, but they have all been tolerable. They do have good macros if you need to get fiber in a bar.

Pretty much agree with this. I eat them fairly regularly because I find they help me hit my macro needs and make a quick easy snack.

I've tried pretty much every flavor and they're all tolerable at worst. If I had to pick a favorite, it's probably the white chocolate raspberry or maybe the vanilla almond, but none have made me heave.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Meh, not worth the price for me, but I did like the Apple Pie one, slightly heated.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    They are awesome! My favorite are all the cookie flavors - Cookie Dough, Cookies N Cream, and Double Chocolate Chunk. They also have a new Smores one which is good too!

The other ones are okay but they taste like a protein bar flavored like x. The cookie (and Smores) bars taste like a candy bar to me!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I wish they weren't so expensive, but I love the chocolate chip cookie dough and coconut cashew.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Taste is subjective. I haven't found one that I liked, but they have all been tolerable. They do have good macros if you need to get fiber in a bar.

Pretty much agree with this. I eat them fairly regularly because I find they help me hit my macro needs and make a quick easy snack.

I've tried pretty much every flavor and they're all tolerable at worst. If I had to pick a favorite, it's probably the white chocolate raspberry or maybe the vanilla almond, but none have made me heave.

I'd have to say the White Chocolate Raspberry is my favorite too. I microwaved one for around 15 seconds today & drools.

The worst flavor in my opinion is Lemon Cream & Double Chocolate Chunk.

My other faves are Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, & Cookies & Cream. As you can tell I love chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I wish they weren't so expensive, but I love the chocolate chip cookie dough and coconut cashew.

The best time to buy them is Cyber Monday. I also bought a Gold Card with GNC to get them a bit cheaper.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I'd have to say the White Chocolate Raspberry is my favorite too. I microwaved one for around 15 seconds today & drools.

The worst flavor in my opinion is Lemon Cream & Double Chocolate Chunk.

My other faves are Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, & Cookies & Cream. As you can tell I love chocolate.

It's commonly cited as many people's favorites, but I think my least favorite was the smores. Not huge on the banana nut or apple pie one either.

That said, if someone gave me a box of any of those flavors for free, I'd eat 'em.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Are they really as good as what some people say they are? And what's the best flavours?

I personally don't understand the whole Quest bar fanaticism...they're ok I suppose but you'd think the way people go on about them that they were the best thing on this planet ever. They're just ok...I actually prefer Cliff Bars, but that also probably has something to do with how I utilize these kinds of things in my diet.
  • maga421
    maga421 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How steer supposed to use them in our diet?
  • maga421
    maga421 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry, how are we supposed to use them in our diet?
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    maga421 wrote: »

Generally by unwrapping them, then putting them in your mouth.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Are they really as good as what some people say they are? And what's the best flavours?

I personally don't understand the whole Quest bar fanaticism...they're ok I suppose but you'd think the way people go on about them that they were the best thing on this planet ever. They're just ok...I actually prefer Cliff Bars, but that also probably has something to do with how I utilize these kinds of things in my diet.

Yeah when I'm doing long rides I prefer Cliff bars too for the extra calories & energy.

For day-to-day macro help, I prefer Quest.

Primarily to help up your protein macro without too many carbs and/or calories...if you find that you're unable to do so with the rest of your diet.
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for a chick who's trying to lose some fat & can't really afford to eat all the sweets & ice cream she wants, Questbars are a lifesaver! My favorite, especially when I get an intense sweet tooth, is White Chocolate Raspberry, broiled for a couple of minutes in the oven.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan. Someone told me I should try the Cinnamon Roll one, because it was the only one that was 'really' good (according to her). Then I read on one of these threads that it helps if you pop it in the micro for a few seconds. Sooo, I got the cinnamon one and nuked it for 10 sec. It was probably the best I've ever tried of them. Still could live without them, but I could see having one on occasion (this flavor, and micro'd).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options

I use them when I'm hiking and whatnot or on a long ride where I don't want to carry a lot of food around. Cliff Bars are full of "evil" carbohydrates that everyone seems to be afraid of as well as a lot of other vitamins and minerals and some fat and protein so they work well for those purposes. I wouldn't just eat one to eat one, I much prefer just having some good food.

Quest bars get a lot of love because they're high in protein...Cliff Bars don't get much mention 'cuz debil carbs...