My weight keep going up even though I am working out daily.

Options
Someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am at 245

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well with a closed diary we can only make guesses.

Do you log everything accurately and consistently by weight for solids? IE use a food scale? if not start.

Are you new to working out? if so could be water retention

How long have you been working out? what kind of work outs? do you take rest days?
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie. Working out daily won't guarantee weight loss if your diet isn't in order. The majority of weight is lost in the kitchen. Kudos to adding all the physical activity, and I bet you feel much better for it. My advice is to lock down your food as well. Good luck!
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs out. More calories out vs in for weight loss. Working out is great, but if you are in a caloric surplus you will gain weight...
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Working out doesn't matter... Not at all, right?

What is your Deficit and how long have you maintained it?
  • kristinogrady77
    kristinogrady77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I love mowing and weed whacking so that's how I spent most of my week. 5 hrs straight on Saturday. (I live on a farm, so there's a lot to whack.) I thought I was sure to lose weight. I even told myself that morning before I weighed in that I know I lost weight, I feel better, even my face looks thinner. And... nope. Didn't happen. I gained 1.4. I was devastated because I worked harder than ever, watched my food intake closer. But the day after weighing in, I was bottle feeding a calf and I realized that I DO feel better. I didn't care what the scale said this time. My body just didn't do what it should have done this time. I think it was a combination of things... water weight, used a different scale this time, and not only that I didn't wear one of my lucky Walking Dead t-shirts. I am superstitious after all. This is just a minor set back. I'm not giving up just because the numbers didn't go in my favor. I hope you can figure it out and the scale does right by you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You haven't given us much to go on, I'm afraid. We'd need more specifics to help you narrow down the problem.

Losing weight is about eating fewer calories than you're burning. It's almost always that simple. If you are exercising, but eating those calories back and then some you're going to gain weight. As we like to say around here "You can't out-exercise a bad diet." Weight loss is made in the kitchen, not the gym.

I can't see your food diary so you're going to need to ask yourself:

Are you logging everything you're eating?

Are you using the right food entries?

Are you trying to overestimate the calories you're eating and underestimating what you're burning in exercise?

How are you validating the calories you're entering? Are you using a kitchen scale to weigh your food (as much as possible)? Are you using a HRM to calculate calories burned in exercise?

If you aren't doing these things, then you're never going to be sure that you're really eating few enough calories to lose weight unless the scale shows the results. And since it's not moving downwards, you aren't.
  • zoezoekende
    zoezoekende Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did you calculate your BMR and TDEE?? And than take 20% off your TDEE thats your cal aim. Dont underestamate your activity level. If you eat close to that number and eat healthy foods , the weight must go down. But be honest with yourself and log and weigh your food, even the oil you use to prepare everything. Portion control. Eting fastfood within the calorie goal doesnt help, of drinking lots of alcohol. Im just gessing a few options why the weight isn't coming off. Good luck
  • marchgal7
    marchgal7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's it I am not weighing or measuring my food . I am only guessing it. I am not good with the calorie counting
  • marchgal7
    marchgal7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your insight
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    marchgal7 wrote: »
    That's it I am not weighing or measuring my food . I am only guessing it. I am not good with the calorie counting

therein lies the problem...

get a scale and start using it. it will be eye opening, and will help you achieve the results you are looking for.