feeling disheartened.

Options
I only have 6 kilograms to lose. In the first two months I was losing a bit every week and doing really well, I have lost 2 kilograms, so it's only 4 to go. You'd think that would be easy but it's not!!

Now I just seem to be hungry all the time and am finding it really really hard to stick to the calorie restrictions and do exercise. It's like it's becoming harder and harder. I dont seem to have the willpower to keep going. It's a vicious cycle, because then when I weigh myself (Which I do once a week) I am either exactly the same or have gone up (only a tiny bit though). I dont know what to do. any ideas???? :)

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and while it is nice to have company........

I'll be watching for some new suggestions too :heart:
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I really have no advide other than I think the last bit is the hardest to get rid of. I am down to my last 20 and it isn't going anywhere fast. BUT I have lost in measurements. Which is fine by me. If only my last 20 would go like my first 50. SIGH!!
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Have you tired breaking your meals down into 5 to 6 small meals a day about 3 to 4 hours apart that way you keep your blood glucose level and you stop yourself from becoming starving. Your metabolisim runs constantly and consistanly. I recently heard the analogy where a fire burns better and for longer with small logs added every hour or so as opposed to adding a giant log which it can't burn. The other thing I've learn't and which works for me is protein protein protein ... and no carbs after 4pm.

I find I function much better like this and I can tollerate upping my work outs without getting too tired. Heaps more evergy no bloating and not starving.

This works for me :) so far

oh and drink lots and lots of water (which u probably already know)
  • vladvn
    vladvn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AquaAura pointed out about small, but frequent portions of food- this is a rule. Use protein powder: whey protein isolate will do work perfectly (there are no carbs and no fat). Drink a lot of water. All this will help you to control the sense of being hungry.

Use LONGER cardio sessions. Remember, fat will go off only from 40-45 mins of exercising. Take L-carnitine (1g) before your cardio- the liquid form did best for me.

Losing weight is difficult by itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuygZX3HKSQ
    Motivation is a must! Watch movies, talk to people to keep motivation level high.

Just keep going and everything will be all right! :)
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth whenever your hunger pangs hit. For some reason I never feel like eating after brushing my teeth. You will also have happy teeth!
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options
    I get this way too :(
    It's hard to stay at it, but I believe you will be happiest with yourself if you push through. One thing I have learned on here and I am going to try when the time hits, is zig-zagging with my calorie intake. It sounds logical and I've heard it keeps our body guessing. So sounds like a thing to try for me.

Just stay with it! WE can do this!!!! :) You can add me as a friend if you'd like and we can keep each other motivated :)

E.T.A. roflmbo! oops! We are friends! I think my day isn't starting out too good! LOL oh well!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Dont give up. You can do it. Not everything works for everyone, so try different things and see which one works. That way you feel as if you are doing something about the problem. Of course when you dont have much to lose its much harder. I lost the first 10lbs easily but now its sooo slow coming off cos I only need another 9 lbs lost. Good luck:smile: