Just wondering..

Options
Janevien77
Janevien77 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello! Last year I lost some weight and then I gained it all back plus a few pounds due to personal issues and emotional eating =(. I exercised from the beginning of my weight loss journey and now that I've regained the weight I decided to start counting calories (I didn't do that before and I guess I was undereating). What I've noticed, however, is that now when I do more intense exercise (HIIT or even Cardio, because on a daily basis I do a couple of squats, push-ups, crunches, etc - not too much effort) I get extremely hungry even if I've had my meal before the workout (which is not that long actually - usually 15-20min). Is tha normal? I'm guilty of not pushing myself hard enough while working out and I have no idea why that's happening.
I also have a problem with green tea - I've been drinking it quite often for the last couple of months and only recently (after my weight (re)gain) I noticed that after drinking it I don't have the desire to eat anything but if I sit like that for an hour I get ravenous! I'm just wondering if that's normal or I'm doing something wrong.. I sit at a desk all day long and only get active for the few minutes I exercise and am currenlty trying to lose on a 1200 calorie diet. Any idea what could be the problem?

Replies

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe shuffle your meals about so you get to eat something after you've worked out? I had to factor in a night time snack as that's when I kept getting hungry so rather than seeing it as a problem, I just saved myself some calories to allow for it. Does that make sense?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    the 1200 a day would be my guess. You are hungry.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I never eat dinner before I workout because I'll be sooooo hungry after I'll want a full meal again.

Of course then sometimes I run into the problem that I am so hungry during my workout I do a cruddy job because I'm obsessing over when it will be over and I can eat dinner!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I eat a light snack, like some greek yogurt, or a hard boiled egg about 30min-1hr before my workout, and it varies, sometimes I am hungry sometimes not (it's more time than anything).
    It's ok to eat more than 1200 a day, especially if you're not eating back your exercise calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are your:

height
    weight
    age?

And how much did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose each week?

My guess is that you simply need to eat more. 1200 is not much food.
  • Janevien77
    Janevien77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, 166 cm and 69/70kg (I live in a country where mainly cm and kg are used to measure yourself). I think I set MFP to 1 pound loss a week but it told me that my estimated loss would be 0.6.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I really should fit a snack in there and see how that works out.. I generally save most of my calories for the afternoon/evening because that's when I eat the most although I know it's probably not the best thing to do..