When is the best time to take vitamins? Or other supplements?

Options
Looking for some advice to keep things on track......

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    pretty much whenever you remember to take them. i take mine in the morning with my other med i have to take, but i don't think time of day actually matters. it's easier to remember to take them if you do so at the same time every day, though.
  • hollyilex
    hollyilex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exactly, I take mine in the morning with breakfast. I leave the bottle with my breakfast food so I don't forget.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Don't know if there is best time. Labels generally say take with meal. Take mine in morning before breakfast.
  • who4fan
    who4fan Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Most vitamins should be taken with food, it helps your body utilize them. I take mine with breakfast,
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you take them, that's all that matters. When I take 'big pills' or ones with lots of iron, I have to do it at night because I get sick to my stomach. So I get the gummies now and that's a nice change :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    When the dr prescribes them.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat meals with a little fat if you are taking fat soluble vitamins. Those are vitamins A, D, K and E.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I never remember to take mine in the morning but for some reason I remember every night right after dinner to take them, I guess it's become a habit now.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I take mine every morning on an empty stomach but I know that doesn't work for everyone. The only thing I take at night is a second dose of my joint supps. It's just become habit now.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i take mine after i eat food. my vitamins are only once a day so i usually take them first thing in the morning after bfast.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I take mine at different times during the day, only cause a couple of things (like zinc) shouldn't be taken with other meds, and others because it's recommended to take a couple times a day (fish oil). Mostly first thing in the morning before I make my coffee. Since I won't forget my coffee it means I wont forget to take my vitamins :P
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I can take food-based vitamins (not synthetic) anytime, but usually have them early morning when I just wake up. Synthetic vitamins make me vomit no matter if I eat with food, without, or the time of day.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I take my multi-vitamin in the morning before I leave for work. It is just a habit I have gotten into, no reason behind it besides it is a habit I have gotten into.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For anyone taking iron, make sure to take vitamin c with it too...or an orange etc, it enhances it's absorption.