Zumba frustration

Options
bcattoes
bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
I've been doing Zumba for about 5 months now and I LOVE it. I've dropped almost 20 lbs, I'm sleeping better and I've brought my lipids under control. But my frustration is that I keep getting all those catchy Zumba songs caught in my head but I can't sing them because I don't know what they are saying. LOL It really drives me crazy some days!!

Replies

• soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    it's really crazy when a song comes on and automatically I want to start "zumba-ing"
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    LOL I totally agree!!! Plus if I'm listening to Pandora or a Youtube station at work and a Zumba song comes on I really want to bust out and dance!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LOL. I know the feeling. I just started back doing Zumba and lately been singing the tunes all the time. Especially Shakira!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been happening to! Livin' La Vida Loca has been stuck in my head for the past 4 weeks! And the songs from the Mix DVD and one of them from the Exhilarate DVD. It's enough to drive me batty!
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor so I practice choreo, listen to zumba at hm and in the car, and I dream Zumba and wake up to Zumba songs. Its funny!! I love it!! I know how you guys feel!! :-D
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...I do Zumba in my car, in my head, in the hall...it's a serious problem!
  • mungojerrie
    Options
    Me too! I said the other night that I need to learn Spanish so I can sing these songs!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been happening to! Livin' La Vida Loca has been stuck in my head for the past 4 weeks! And the songs from the Mix DVD and one of them from the Exhilarate DVD. It's enough to drive me batty!

Yes! All day I've had the Mix Portuguese song stuck in my head!! Oh well, At least I can hum it. :ohwell:
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have four Zumba CDs in my car. I listen to them constantly. They keep me motivated and moving!!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have just started doing zumba on x box kinect and i have been dreaming of the songs and the moves. i also catch myself huming the tunes through the day.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...I do Zumba in my car, in my head, in the hall...it's a serious problem!

^^this!!!! i don't know if any of you do the ab workout to "Conteo" but i do this in the car, "Let's Get Loud" while walking down the street, lol and i practive various other moves at all our of the day. the line dance song "Danza Kaduro" is played at the end credits of "Fast Five" and i was doing it in the theater.:laugh:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    OMG me too!! Now, whenever I hear a beat on the radio, my body tries to get me to dance by weirdly twitching, LOLOL.
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am Sooooooo :smile: :laugh: :happy: :smile: :laugh: :happy: that I'm not the only one who walks around wanting to start Zumba-ing everywhere and anywhere! I catch myself at home with music on while I clean and when a zumba song comes on...watch out vacuum and furniture....here I come! Oh geez!!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i have just started doing zumba on x box kinect and i have been dreaming of the songs and the moves. i also catch myself huming the tunes through the day.

OH! I forgot we have Zumba for Kinect! Just what I need for tonight when it's pouring and I really don't want to get out in this to go to the gym!

I read this post because I couldn't figure out what people were frustrated with Zumba for! I love Zumba! I do find myself tapping my feet when I hear a song that is used in class!

Maybe in my next life, I will be a Zumba instructor! But first I guess I'd better master Cumbia and the whole hip shimmy thing!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor so I practice choreo, listen to zumba at hm and in the car, and I dream Zumba and wake up to Zumba songs. Its funny!! I love it!! I know how you guys feel!! :-D

Ah yes.... Another CAReographer here! Hello, fellow ZIN!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I totallay understand what ur saying.....I wish I knew what some of them meant in english. I can even sing the songs along with the class. So funny.......me and my friend was just talking about this the other day as well (:
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options

OH! I forgot we have Zumba for Kinect! Just what I need for tonight when it's pouring and I really don't want to get out in this to go to the gym!

I read this post because I couldn't figure out what people were frustrated with Zumba for! I love Zumba! I do find myself tapping my feet when I hear a song that is used in class!

Maybe in my next life, I will be a Zumba instructor! But first I guess I'd better master Cumbia and the whole hip shimmy thing!

how do you like it on the kinect? i have only been doing it for 5 days but i love it.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't Zumba, but I salsa dance. There are a lot of non-Spanish speaking salseros that sing the songs all the time while they're dancing without a clue also. (I happen to speak Spanish.) It can't be helped, I think...

Most of the songs are about love, broken hearts, you cheated on me, you'll be sorry, you'll be back, I'm free, you'll never have me again, I love her so much but she doesn't know who I am, etc. Some are about how hot a certain chick is when she dances (specifically moves her hips). There's a lot like that. But there are a few that are about stuff you might never imagine - like how powerful God is.

What exactly are the Zumba rhythms? (I've never done it.) Is it salsa, merengue? Just curious.
  • lcoulter23
    Options
    Great,, now I have the Cumbia song in my head AND the cool down song AND the one where you do the v step AND the Carnival song... All at once!
  • lcoulter23
    Options
    I don't Zumba, but I salsa dance. There are a lot of non-Spanish speaking salseros that sing the songs all the time while they're dancing without a clue also. (I happen to speak Spanish.) It can't be helped, I think...

Most of the songs are about love, broken hearts, you cheated on me, you'll be sorry, you'll be back, I'm free, you'll never have me again, I love her so much but she doesn't know who I am, etc. Some are about how hot a certain chick is when she dances (specifically moves her hips). There's a lot like that. But there are a few that are about stuff you might never imagine - like how powerful God is.

What exactly are the Zumba rhythms? (I've never done it.) Is it salsa, merengue? Just curious.

Zumba has Salsa, flamenco, belly dance, the rumba, and it is a BLAST! It actually has some of all the latin dances.