zumba

Options
Hey,
those who used zumba for their main exercise; show me your results before and after :)

Replies

• ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but I started my weight loss journey with the latin/hip hop Zumba and lost 40 lbs. I graduated on to lifting and just started running... I miss Zumba though, it as so much fun! Think I might need to bust out the dvd tonight! :)
  • mommyofanangelboy
    mommyofanangelboy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii & it definitely leaves me sore but it is fun! how long did it take you to lose those 40 pounds ? :)
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    81d0f91ef9b0bd0475280728dbe539cad6ef.jpg

Does this work? This was my first time around, before I got pregnant again and allowed myself to fall into old habits.... I mostly did zumba.

I ended up losing 20 more lbs, but this first thirty was within 6 months..
  • jocey517
    jocey517 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not only is it a great way to burn a lot of calories but it's an even better way to create a good workout routine and start to feel good about yourself. It usually is a workout that most people, don't dread or make excuses as to not do it - you tend to look forward to it:)
  • kaileekason
    kaileekason Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For those to do Zumba by DVD, what is your favorite one?
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness Exhilarate Body Shaping System DVD (Multi, Small)
    by Zumba
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    I have it for the Wii & it definitely leaves me sore but it is fun! how long did it take you to lose those 40 pounds ? :)

Well, I want to say 4-5 months? I didn't do the whole video though... lol, but I did do it like 4 times a week for the most part. Then it got warm here in MN and I was outside walking more, and then I got a gym membership. So I've in total lost 60-65 lbs, but the first 40 were very enjoyable. :)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    P.s. I looked like a bumbling rhino at first and then I was actually able to shake it towards the end. :) So fun.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pictures. I love Zumba. I find I burn more calories doing 1/2 hr of Zumba than 1 hr. of treadmill. I have an injured back so I can't run or do too much hopping during Zumba.
  • CrystalBurns1
    CrystalBurns1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 60 min 6 days a week on my Wii have lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks so far.
  • mommyofanangelboy
    Options
    I do Zumba 60 min 6 days a week on my Wii have lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks so far.

did you eat "clean"? great job on the weight loss
  • nicolet789
    nicolet789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I intend to join a local Zumba class 1-2 times a week. It's easier to continue exercising when it is fun and I really like dancing.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes, and walk or bike 3 times a week too... I LOVE Zumba! I have it for XBOX One and usually go to a class once a week too. It helps to find something you enjoy doing to stick to an exercise routine! I also do light weight training and beginners calisthenics 3 times a week. I am also eating fairly clean... I still eat some goodies but in moderation :) In 3 days I've lost almost 2 lbs!
  • mommyofanangelboy
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, everyone! has anyone noticed a difference with toning/loss of fat/ etc. within 4 weeks of doing zumba?
  • Whistlefishy
    Whistlefishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wish a had a before and after of my butt from Zumba. Hahaha. I never really had much of a butt before but now.... Wow! Lol.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    My schedule doesn't allow me to do Zumba more than 1x a week (2x a week if I'm lucky) but man I wish I could go everyday =D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!