Have a desire to lose weight, need motivation!

Options
Hello everyone! I have been battling with my weight for mist of my life; however, since I have turned 46, I cannot seem to lose the weight like before. I would love to hear from all of you who struggle with the same issues and success stories!

Replies

• Fulla96
    Fulla96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm only 18, but I've also been struggling with weight loss. I've made some good, inspiring friends on this app, & would love to also be your fitness pal as well so that you have someone to share this tough journey with!
  • Pixie_1211
    Pixie_1211 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Thank you!
  • msninanw
    msninanw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Nina and would love to join you in this journey. I'm 48 and struggling!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Can't help with a major success story (yet) but I'm right there with you with the struggling.
    Good luck!!
  • Pixie_1211
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    The fact that your aren't where you want to be should be enough motivation.
  • melissamarie2196
    melissamarie2196 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Boy do I understand...
    But I'm hoping to give and get support..
  • akhan9471
    akhan9471 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Iam 43, I was 215 lb, my doctor told me that I am pre diabetic and very high on Cholestrol, this was Aug 2014, I used to wear size 38 pants, today I am 155 lb and wear size 30 pant, I had a simple mantra, calories in vs calories out, I weigh every food I consume, I got a kitchen weighing machine and all sizes of measuring cups, I almost know what every common food carries how much calories, to keep track of my calories burn, I wear Fitbit Surge, I do long distance running, at the begining it was tough, but now I can run 6 miles in less than a hour burning around 700 cals, I avoid fatty foods, for eg : Pizza, Cakes, Candies, Desserts, Ice Creams etc, I usually keep 500 cals as a deficient every day, I mean eat atleast 500 less than what you burn, hope this helps, yeah I am now no more pre diabetic :smile:
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Maybe I can help.....
    Had 2 strokes, blood pressure was 260/140 went from 282 pounds, 48 inch waist, xxl shirt to 150 pounds, 32 inch waist, small shirt using my fitness pal and staying within my calories and walking with a fitbit. started jan 4,2013 and got to goal weight Sept 13, 2014

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146853/from-282-pounds-to-151-with-before-and-after-pictures-and-a-story/p1

s6adkoww3ig5.jpg
    3t9s3984mnmy.jpeg
    39o00z5cykzb.jpg
    0x8r6jduof6j.jpg

• Pixie_1211
    Options
    Oh wow! :o. That is amazing! You go girl!!!!
  • MandareenDream
    MandareenDream Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such amazing stories! My story goes like this...I was a super emotional binge eater. Pretty much found and used every excuse to over eat, even on healthy food. I weighed 210lbs for about five years. That was my heaviest. On average I weighed about 175lbs. Anyways it was only until lady year I decided to make the commitment to work on myself. Not only lose the weight but to lose my self defeating behaviors. 60lbs lighter and a lot happier I have only 15lbs more to go and I will be at my goal weight. If I can do it ya'll can do it! Anyone who reads this and feels inspired friend me. I love to motivate people. It is a passion of mine to helps others succeed. Lots of love to you all!
  • holliedusteeeze
    holliedusteeeze Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm hollie I'm 33 and on a very struggling journey but together we can do this I've sent u an add good luck. ..
  • FitFix_1
    FitFix_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm Menna, 20 yo and from Cairo, Egypt. I have struggled with my weight in the past as well but managed to lose 30 pounds and I have about 15 to go. You can do it!! You can lose weight at any age, your metabolism slows down a bit as you get older but it's definitely still doable. I lost the weight slowly and have eaten everything in moderation and this has worked the best for me, my binges have dramatically decreased because I haven't cut anything out completely. Just start where you are and take it one day at a time, one pound at a time :) I've just joined today and would love to support anyone on here.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Pixie_1211
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm proud of you!! I look forward to losing weight and seeing a change in my attitude, energy and body!