BeingKevin, an update.

Options
BeingKevin2
BeingKevin2 Posts: 13 Member
Hello! :)

Some of you may remember me a little, some may not remember me at all, and most probably don’t give a damn, but I wanted to say hello to all of you who helped me so much as I began this new life over two and a half years ago. Many of you were a huge inspiration (both pals and MFP bloggers and posters) to me and I can never repay you for that, but I do thank all of you for it.

I have struggled a lot over the past year or so – both mentally and physically. I have found that as long as I am fine physically I am also fine mentally, but when issues arise physically I mentally fall apart. I wish I could tell you that I have no problems and life is easy after losing 200 pounds but it still a struggle at times. I am working on that. Maybe I will always be working on that.

I have had a few injuries that slowed me down, including one to my knee that stopped me from running and one to my shoulder that stopped me from swimming, both led me to a dark place filled with bad habits but eventually, thankfully, I saw the light again and went back to work. You would think that dark place would be gone by now but it is still there, watching and waiting, hoping for me to get close enough to pull me back in. It is a place I try to avoid at all costs but I do know it is there. I am afraid it always will be.

Despite the injuries, and mental struggles, I did reach the goals I set out to reach and created several new ones. I have finished both a Half and Full Marathon, as well as a Sprint Triathlon and I plan to finish my first Olympic and Half distance Triathlon (well Duathlon - Triathlon is out due to shoulder injury) as well as run my second Marathon yet this year, if my body will allow.

Although my weight is where it was when I left, hovering between 240 and 245, that is by design. I have decided to stop losing weight for a while and although I know one day I will try to lose another 20, or 40, I am satisfied with where I currently am. I don't know if that even makes sense to anybody, sometimes it doesn't make sense to me, but being on a constant calorie deficit for over two years combined with some intense training was wearing on me, so I decided to put it on hold for now.

I can do a lot of things I never dreamt of doing a couple years back and I wanted to update you on those things. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you, however, that those things pale in comparison to the fact that I am actively participating in life instead of a spectator. I spend time every day being active with my best buddy, a now 7 year old boy who is my life, and for that alone every difficult day has been well worth it.

Always remember that life is so much more fun when you are living it.

Kevin

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story and so important to remember that things don't stop once you hit one goal. Keep on going and dreaming. I am glad you have been doing well since leaving MFP and continue to work hard :) Thanks for the update!
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    And now you've gone from being inspired by others to inspiring others. Big Ol' Thumbs Up to you! Keep up the good work.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I love this. I love the fact you felt such a need to give an update because you feel like you have received so much from this site (?). It speaks volumes.

Anyways, i am one of those people who don't know you but i gather you are doing your best in life and you are a great inspiration. You have both your feet on the ground and i respect that :-)

I'll also add that your way with words is very clear and comprehensible and I enjoyed reading your post!

Best of luck with everything, hopefully we all manage to live our life and be proud of it.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Lovely to see that this site helped you so much. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss and your strength to keep battling on
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great post Kevin. Keep up the good work...you are inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!