who's got a fitbit??

Options
Just looking for opinions on a fitbit. Which ones are the best? Which are decent? Where is the best place to buy them? What are the price ranges? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    All the models are great in my opinion and the customer service is awesome. Just pick the one that will suit your lifestyle best:

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

***There is some debate about the ability to swim with a surge. It is rated 5 ATM, but Fitbit says not to swim with it. However, Fitbit also mentions not wanting people to wear it 24/7 since it can cause a rash under the band. I have actually gone swimming with mine and it's fine.***

I started with a Fitbit Zip and upgraded to a Flex after about 10 months. I had a Flex for 11 months and switched to Garmin VivoFit. I ditched the VivoFit after only 53 days (I really hated Garmin Connect) and got the Fitbit Surge.

Oh and I think the Zip is absolutely adorable with it's smiley face. It sticks it's tongue out at you if you haven't been very active.

As for place to buy them, just look around. Amazon usually has them cheaper than Fitbit.com. You can also check Ebay, but be careful with some Fitbit Models, Fitbit doesn't ask for defective ones back when sending replacements** and I wouldn't put it past someone to sell a defective Fitbit as "Used but works". ** I know this because I had a defective Flex, they sent me a new one and asked that I take the defective model to anywhere that does electronics recycling.

edit: Oh and my husband has the One. So the only models I haven't actually had experience with is the Charge and ChargeHR. However, from my experience with the rest I'd have to say that they should be just as amazing.
  • leahiahansen
    leahiahansen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit hr because it gives me my calorie burn and heart rate. I tested it on a treadmill and it was only a few steps off. Very simple, easy to use, back to the basics, worth every penny.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Getting a fitbit has been the best thing I could have done! !
    It has got me off my butt big time!
    I've got the zip as I'm only interested in mileage, steps and calories burned. It does all 3 perfectly.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have a charge HR, and I love it. Especially for me because the HR and Surge have buckle straps as opposed to the snap straps (like domes) on the cheaper models and I found the snap really difficult to use. But I compared it to my old pedometer and the steps were fairly similar. Only hitch I have is that if you're using it on a treadmill (and not swinging your arms) you don't get the steps. In that case I take it off and tuck it into my waistband. LOVE having calories automatically transferred!
    Oh, and the vibrating alarm is awesome - I love it and my hubbie loves not being woken up by my audible alarm anymore!!
  • kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started with a flex and recently upgraded to the ChargeHR, best decision ever, I love it
  • leti5748
    leti5748 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just looking for opinions on a fitbit. Which ones are the best? Which are decent? Where is the best place to buy them? What are the price ranges? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the question and thank-you everyone for the replies. I am also looking to get a Fitbit and I was wondering which one is best. Mother's Day is just around the corner.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the Fitbit One for over 2 years and absolutely love it.

I personally don't like the idea of the other ones that you wear on your wrist, I like that this one clips on my bra and no one can see it. With the exception of a 1 week span last year when I travelled out of the country and forgot it at home, I've worn it just about every day (I'm now approaching 12 000 000 steps since I got it!)
  • pineson
    pineson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a vivofit , seems ok so far , I'm actually quite sad that I'm resting tomorrow for a 5k run on saturday (really eager to test it out ) ☺
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit surge!! It does everything! My favorite feature: I can see how many calories I've burned weight lifting and using the elliptical, and pretty much any other activity I do. I can see when people are calling/texting my phone and can actually read the texts. It is pretty expensive but if you want something really thorough it is so worth it!! It is truly invaluable.
  • pineson
    pineson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brilliant saves faffing about with the phone all the time
  • cbl3mom
    cbl3mom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Fitbit Charge. I love it. I originally bought the Charge HR, but didn't like the feel of it on my wrist. I only use it for the steps and I like the fact I can see them on the display.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users